Author Topic: Still more playfield... Will it be ready in 2008?  (Read 9264 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Still more playfield... Will it be ready in 2008?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
I'm being serious here and not knocking the progress so far, but I've had a thought on developing a new pin. Is this a feasable propersition? If I wanted to design a new game but have no or very little experience in pinball design, is there software ie. like the mame stuff where I could slap together a playfield and test it for payability and/or bugs before going to the physical stage. Or has this been done with CI already and I'm now seeing the progression from there.

Reason I'm asking is my wife keeps telling me to design stuff but I don't have the time or know how to go through all CI is going through to then find out I've incorporated silly design issues a seasoned pinball designer would know in a flash. To see simulate the game play might speed up the process.

Would be interested in your thoughts

I have spoken with nug about setting up a VPinmame tablee for the game to come after CI, but we haven't thought or talked that much about it. Anyway, that one is a 2009 project, so all efforts are still on CI with three weeks of theyear left!  :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”