Author Topic: Still more playfield... Will it be ready in 2008?  (Read 9250 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: Still more playfield... Will it be ready in 2008?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 12:29:54 AM »

Jokes aside - The updates are well appreciated. It's nice to see the hard work and effort going into this project is starting to take shape. It will be a great day when the game is working and both you guys will have no more work to do on it !! That means we can all play it, while you work on the next one.. sounds fair ?

#*#

too serious Nino    mate have another Beam or 10

and yes  its a fantasic effort and I too would oneday like to get into this side

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 12:31:10 AM »

Jokes aside - The updates are well appreciated. It's nice to see the hard work and effort going into this project is starting to take shape. It will be a great day when the game is working and both you guys will have no more work to do on it !! That means we can all play it, while you work on the next one.. sounds fair ?

#*#

Very fair indeed! But nug's done most all the work, I am just the little elf that comes by every now and then to take photos.

As for the next game, all I can say is I have never been more excited about a pinball project! The theme (for me) is about the best pinball game theme to have never been made (I hope). Already collected a number of toys from around the world, and some posters for translite and side art. Funny story on two of the toys - they were a limited edition item and an absolute **must have** for the game, and were being reissued. I kept watch of the web site for a while, then forgot for a few months, then looked - holy sh!t, they'd been released and sold out! :(

So I googled around to see who still had them, weirdly enough I found a retailer in Australia with both in stock, looked up their number to call them - to see they were located in Geelong, not three minutes from my place!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 03:34:02 AM »
You guys are doing a great job with this. Every time you guys update I am reminded of how much I want to make my own pinball.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »
I'm being serious here and not knocking the progress so far, but I've had a thought on developing a new pin. Is this a feasable propersition? If I wanted to design a new game but have no or very little experience in pinball design, is there software ie. like the mame stuff where I could slap together a playfield and test it for payability and/or bugs before going to the physical stage. Or has this been done with CI already and I'm now seeing the progression from there.

Reason I'm asking is my wife keeps telling me to design stuff but I don't have the time or know how to go through all CI is going through to then find out I've incorporated silly design issues a seasoned pinball designer would know in a flash. To see simulate the game play might speed up the process.

Would be interested in your thoughts
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »

was that like the special head box I made for Gregs TZ ......

just grabbed some old boards     they fully checked and working  && &&

well thats a strange thing for a commercial seller to admit   @.@

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:49:56 PM by Greg »
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
I'm being serious here and not knocking the progress so far, but I've had a thought on developing a new pin. Is this a feasable propersition? If I wanted to design a new game but have no or very little experience in pinball design, is there software ie. like the mame stuff where I could slap together a playfield and test it for payability and/or bugs before going to the physical stage. Or has this been done with CI already and I'm now seeing the progression from there.

Reason I'm asking is my wife keeps telling me to design stuff but I don't have the time or know how to go through all CI is going through to then find out I've incorporated silly design issues a seasoned pinball designer would know in a flash. To see simulate the game play might speed up the process.

Would be interested in your thoughts

I have spoken with nug about setting up a VPinmame tablee for the game to come after CI, but we haven't thought or talked that much about it. Anyway, that one is a 2009 project, so all efforts are still on CI with three weeks of theyear left!  :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »
Thanks for your PM on the matter. Yeah I thought a Virtual pinball s/w package would be great for novices like me to slap a pop bumper here or there and see during sim game play that a playfield part just doesn't make the cut or might work just great etc. I thought it might take the guess work out of playfield desgn before actually routing and postioning. It would be frustrating to find a loop shot or something just continually drains or a mini playfield shot is like having piss and can be done until the cows come home.

Look forward to seeing the project progress
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »
 !!! Sadly, the 2008 deadline was missed.

The good news - it was not in fact a deadline!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It was just an arbitrarily self-imposed date that will now haunt the non-pinball factory as anxious investors queue up for their $5.00 refunds...

The clear-coat guy quite rudely took off for a holiday, letting the whole production line come to a grinding halt. The nerve of the guy!

The even gooder news is that pretty much everything is ready to reassemble as soon as the CC is done, so hopefully won't be too far off...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 12:33:52 AM »

Scrap the project...

Not good enough !!!

Hang on, I'm not even on the pre order list... #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »
The CC guy took off on holiday??

Where you get him from?? Ex Gov worker??..Actually, sounds like the chap may be a union member.
Id get him on an individual contract ASAP if i were you, he'll take smoko half way through first coat otherwise...Ive seen it happen before

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 01:01:38 AM »
As long as when he takes smoko he oesn't get any ash in the clear... Then again, probably work well around the Volcano...

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »
hes back wednesday !
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 06:35:46 PM »
heres a couple more before clearcoat.
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !