Aussie Pinball Forums > Meets & Gatherings

Melbourne Matchplay and Greg Berry Cup, 7-9 October 2016

(1/8) > >>

Strangeways:
 Melbourne Matchplay and Greg Berry Cup, 7-9 October 2016

After last year's successful event, Melbourne Matchplay will be returning to the Peacock Inn in Northcote this October.
    No pre-payment or early registration; just show up on the day.

There are two side events: the under-16s Greg Berry Junior Cup on Sunday morning, and a three-and-a-half hour Flip Frenzy on Friday night.

Machines will be available to play on Friday, and a one-hour free practice session will be held from 11:00am on Saturday. No practice or warm-up time will be allowed during the tournaments.

FYI for those travelling from afar and wanting to return home on Sunday night: the finals for the main event will be over by 6:00pm.

Here's the schedule:

FLIP FRENZY - Friday 7 October, 7:00pm

$15 to enter. 100% of entry fees awarded as prizes.

3.5 hours of non-stop head-to-head pinball!

First, each machine is randomly assigned two players. The remaining players are placed in one central queue.
    When a game is completed:
    - The loser stays on the same machine, unless he has lost twice consecutively, in which case the winner stays on.
    - The player leaving the machine moves to the back of the queue.
    - The player staying on the machine plays in the same position (P1/P2) as he played in the previous game.
    - The player at the front of the queue moves up to play the player staying on.
    At the end of 3.5 hours, no more games may start. The winner is the player with the most games won. Ties are broken by fewest losses.

MELBOURNE MATCHPLAY - Saturday 8 October, 12:00pm

$40 to enter. 100% of entry fees awarded as prizes.

7 rounds of matchplay, in randomly assigned 4-player groups.
    2 games per round. 7-4-2-0 scoring in each game (7-3-0 in any 3-player groups).
    Top 16 qualify for finals.

Finals - Round 1 on Saturday night, Round 2 and Grand Final on Sunday from 1:00pm.

3 rounds of finals in 4-player groups.
    Round 1: A.1v8v9v16 B.2v7v10v15 C.3v6v11v14 D.4v5v12v13
    Round 2: E.A1vB2vC2vD1 F.A2vB1vC1vD2
    Grand Final: E1vE2vF1vF2

4 games per round on 4 different machines. 7-4-2-0 scoring.
    Top two from each group in rounds 1 and 2 advance to the next round.
    In round 1, the top qualifier in each group gets to "drive the bus", i.e. gets choice of machine or playing position for each game.
    In later rounds, the two players in each group who advanced by winning their group in the previous round get two game/position choices each.

GREG BERRY JUNIOR CUP - Sunday 9 October, 11:00am

Free entry. Under 16s only.

Prizes and trophies for best male and female players. Format TBA.

spacejam0:
Hmm Im going to have to read this a few times to get my head around it but I think I'm in. ^^^

Toads:
It's a great weekend.
I'll be there again.
Psssst.  Look out for Nino, he won last year.

Retropin:
I might come down for this... quite fancy a weekend in Melbourne  ^^^ ^^^

robm:
Can highly recommend the flip frenzy as a fun comp. Recently played one at the Brisbane Masters and we are holding that type as a warm up comp here in Townsville in a few weeks time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version