Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 56404 times)

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »
Wow, the art work looks very cool!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »
On Facebook today Stern were saying the DMD for them is now a thing of the pet & that their new models will feature a different size & style of display.

Don't know which pin will be the first to get it though ?

Where'd you see that Brett? I can't find it on FB mate :)

within the comments of the TMNT flash back.

It would be interesting if they delayed the GB release and after the 30 days / years of flash backs they release the lcd on GB but not what I have heard

I wonder if GB will be LCD?  time will tell art looks great.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »
I would have settled happily for a coloured DMD the size of the largest DMDs that Stern/Sega used on games like Frankenstein & Baywatch and BatMan Forever etc.

That size was great and being coloured would have been great.

The playfield and shots and toys always have to be number one.

If their are going to be price hikes because of the new displays, then I will be torn between what already works and what is going to keep prices climbing.

Maybe all the new screen development is slowing down code enhancement of various titles ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »
here's a tad more  #@# keeps falling into my inbox

going to be a nice looking game

Looking good, mate.

Only have to open your email first thing in the morning for first hand info.  ^^^

Thanks for sharing it with AP.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2016, 04:41:19 PM »
I would have settled happily for a coloured DMD the size of the largest DMDs that Stern/Sega used on games like Frankenstein & Baywatch and BatMan Forever etc.

That size was great and being coloured would have been great.

The playfield and shots and toys always have to be number one.

If their are going to be price hikes because of the new displays, then I will be torn between what already works and what is going to keep prices climbing.

Maybe all the new screen development is slowing down code enhancement of various titles ?

Yeah I'd be happy with the bigger Sega size display :) but I'd rather great toys than a LCD to be honest.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »
Plus one.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »
here's a tad more  #@# keeps falling into my inbox

Looking good, mate.

Only have to open your email first thing in the morning for first hand info.  ^^^

I can confirm that Swinks is receiving interesting pictures way before announcements on worldwide forums. The artwork on Ghostbusters is incredible, to say the very least.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2016, 07:47:17 PM »
AP isnt the biggest forum but it's the best with new scoops.

Was that the message. Lol

It pays to be a Stern fan !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »
here's a tad more  #@# keeps falling into my inbox

Looking good, mate.

Only have to open your email first thing in the morning for first hand info.  ^^^

I can confirm that Swinks is receiving interesting pictures way before announcements on worldwide forums. The artwork on Ghostbusters is incredible, to say the very least.

Very nice indeed. Looks like the photoshop subscri-ption ran out. A good thing indeed!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2016, 08:44:19 PM »
Is the audio going to based on the old movie & if so will they get Bill Murray etc in or will they just get voiceover actors to save money.

With the new remake movie coming out, I hope they aren't using the new actors voices with the older art.
Something tells me it is going to be based on the new movie cause the pin is coming out around the new movie release.
Anyone got any thoughts about this audio ?

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »
for voice work it is supposed to be one of the original ghostbusters doing some custom voice work- the cheapest one  %.%

going off the art they are cashing in on the original movie - just look at the playfield art, cabinet and backglasses, not the reboot but sure Stern will enjoy the second boost of sales when the movie comes outs later in the year, I can imagine a few GB's sitting in Cinema's to help further sales, talk is they are trying to get approval for some of the original music but just based on the art snippets I tried doing a overlay on the white wood and inserts have moved around a bit so nothing is final until released.

if anything Stern are doing a new thing here as they are doing a 30 year old movie into a pin. JJP did WOZ and Dutch Pinball with The Big Lewbowski and Heighway with Aliens so they are joining the rest of them as sure back in the day we loved those movies and now we are in our 40's to 60's and more cashed up than a teenager so just makes sense.

as for release that is why I had the poll finish up on the last day of Feb as sources indicated that it would be between mid Feb to Mid March. Trudeau is also doing a presentation at the Texas Pinball Show which is around the 20th March which probably aligns with the 30 years of posters and Texas show was apparently the new show not to miss so dare say the release will be around then.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:11:02 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »
but then they might use the line from the movie in relation to Feb 14th 2016 - End of the World

&feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1&rel=0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2016, 12:16:11 AM »
Of 25 people polled, it's apx a fifty fifty as to who would buy one & who would not buy one.

Subject to cost & features and game rules etc etc wtc .

I am assuming most who are keen who have $ spare would try for the LE first because resale is better quicker if you want to get out of it soon after buying if u changed your mind.

Is Stern making & bringing out too many titles per year and are the titles they are bringing out, not for sale long enough for those that want to save & buy one ?

Recent titles
Metallica various models
Mustang various models
Walking Dead various models
Star Teek various models
Ironman Vault Edition
Spider-Man Vault Edition
Kiss various models
Game of Thrones
 Medi Evil Madness Remske
Big Tits Big Juicy Melons
Ghost Busters soon various models

Is it too many too quick which means you have a very short window to save for a title or two u want.
Unless Stern keeps the Vault edition door constantly open, something needs to be done to help customers secure the games they want.

Anyone else worried they are getting too big too quick again ?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2016, 08:22:24 AM »
sorry cavey, why over think it....... not all games are tempting for everyone and they run most games for three years, it's good to have variety - Rumours are the next one is either Hendrix or Aerosmith which will only suit certain people - look at Spooky who just sold out their 2nd pin Rob Zombie's Spookshow - not everyone's taste. I think also the LE sales will drop away here in Aus big time with prices hitting $12-$13k and quite a few people are speculating that their sales figures have probably changed in the last 2 years as people are finding it hard to even justify a pro / premium or LE purchase in NZ, Aus, Canada and Europe. I think they are reducing their cost to build but raising the price on every new game so eventually will hurt them but their marketing guy is a goose so probably going for greed until sales slow down - apparently the new bigger factory is slowing down. Imagine when the lcd comes out, probably will look cool but a price jump - is what it is but reckon the sales will slow down as they can't send out a game with complete code imagine a game with incomplete code and lcd footage.

they just released a t-shirt ideal for you - mexican zombies chasing Gary and on the sleeve Trudeau, Ritchie and Borg hiding in the bushes, just needs a addition print of a guy (Stern Fan) on the other sleeve saying "come this way"...  %.%
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:29:59 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
Stern have never really been "that big" to be worried about. The bubble is about to burst. I speak to operators and respected dealers almost daily and the price hikes and the 3 model system is not going to be a good business model in Australia moving forward.

I think Ghostbusters looks AWESOME, but there would be no way I'd buy a machine at that price, that is effectively an incomplete machine. But I love the artwork, and it is designed by the the best designer at Stern.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia