Author Topic: isopopyl alcohol quality/type question  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: isopopyl alcohol quality/type question
« on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
I am using the Isopropyl with Melamine Foam to get the ground in dirt off the playfield.
When I removed the mylar I cleaned up with Shellite, available Bunnings.
Another tip from I got from Nino!

Ok great thank you.
now i know what can be used i will remove the mylar, on the machine in question has mylar in three sections, look like it was kit or something, only one section of mylar looks crappy so ill make a template in cardboard to match the original, section then re mylar that,
cheers for the tips on cleaning it after wards, who is the best person to buy mylar from?

I was in the industry in the 'olden days' and what is often called "mylar" is actually cheap contact. I worked for a couple of large operators and that's what they both used - plain old clear contact. If your machine is an import model then it 'might' have mylar but if it's an Australian delivered machine I'll bet it is just contact.

mine is an import. what ever it is, it was made just for this game, its not one large sheet, its in sections that have been machine cut to suit certain parts of the playfeild. im not sure maybe im not confident enough to remove it lol think i might just leave it