Aussie Pinball Forums > Circuit Board Repair Guides

WPC CPU acid damage repair

(1/4) > >>

beaky:
My next board repair is a WPC CPU  board with acid damage.
I will start by removing the battery holder and I.C's then i will neutralise the corrosion with a vinegar solution.

pinnies4me:
Gosh I hate the dreaded "acid" leaks.

Do you recommend or install for the customer remote packs?

beaky:

--- Quote from: pinnies4me on May 23, 2011, 10:07:46 PM ---Gosh I hate the dreaded "acid" leaks.

Do you recommend or install for the customer remote packs?

--- End quote ---
yes i do and will be doing it for this board.  ^^^

Caveoftreasures:
I saw this board tonight, and at first glance it looks ok. THEN you look closely, and it has suffered alot of acid n heat damage.

But as I say, Never Fear, Beaky is here !  Andy will strip it n make it as physically as good as it can ever be.  ^^^

It needs alot of little parts, alot of soldering and de-soldering, but it shld come up fine. Because the parts are so many and so small, it will be a very time consuming fix, but Andy thrives on this sort of stuff.

beaky:
I have removed all the components pretty much the same way Strangeways did in his thread on acid damage repair http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=2343.0

There are a few tracks that have been eaten away and the acid had made its way down to the plugs at the bottom of the board.
A lot of the legs on the components were corroded nearly all the way through and there was a big blob of corrosive crap under one of the I.C.s so of course i will be replacing all these with new parts.
I will add a parts list later on for this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version