Author Topic: HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THE BATHURST MOTOR MUSEUM  (Read 255 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THE BATHURST MOTOR MUSEUM
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:11 AM »
Hi,

I wanting to take the family on a road trip to this museum soon has anyone been and is it worth the trip? I'm a massive Brocky fan and Bathurst fan so am really hanging to see this place. I've been to the great race 3 times in the 80's and 90's and camped on the mountain and had a ball and would also love a photo of my car and me on the race track and also show the kids what this track looks like in real life.

Ta

Peter <..>

Offline FreePlay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
Re: HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THE BATHURST MOTOR MUSEUM
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »
I've seen it on TV and it looks awesome!! ... he even starts some of the cars for you ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
I've been 6 - 7 years ago Pete. Yes It was well worth the trip from memory a few of brocky's classics, have you checked out this site?

http://www.nmrm.com.au

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »
Let me know if and when you make the trip, I would love to see it all as well.  I wouldn't be able to go until early next year now though.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
My brother and I have been there a number of times.
It is best u phone ahead and ask what cars they have on display in a certain category as they rotate the cars fairly often as most cars are owned by private collectors and the cars can move around a fair bit. Cars owned by the museum, generally dont move.
You can also drive around the Bathurst track, being a public road, and it puts into perspective very quickly, just how narrow, and steep/crazy the track really is.It looks much wider and bigger on TV than it really is !

For us Queenslanders, a day to Yatala and a visit of the Dick Johnson Racing Museum, which doubles as the head quarters for his Jim Beam Racing Team, is well worth the visit. AND its FREE. You shld see the Bathurst racing cars he has there ! NOTHING LIKE A REAL V8.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !