Author Topic: 2015 ? Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball - Stern ?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
2015 ? Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball - Stern ?
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »
Heard a few rumours. Loved the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. A lot of fun and will prob be a huge franchise for Marvel etc.

Would make a great Stern Pinball. Heard that it might be a Stern title in 2015.

What do people think. ?? Would you buy a Guardians of the Galaxy pinball ?

The music from the movie could work well with a pinball. So many unique audio quotes and funny lines from the movie.

"I am Groot" multiball.
"I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the Universe" extra ball.

And fifty other great one liners from the movie.

The artwork on the Avengers Pinball Cabinet was great, Guardians of the Galaxy artwork could be awesome as well.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: 2015 ? Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball - Stern ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
Heard a few rumours. Loved the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. A lot of fun and will prob be a huge franchise for Marvel etc.

The music from the movie could work well with a pinball. So many unique audio quotes and funny lines from the movie.

"I am Groot" multiball.
"I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the Universe" extra ball.

The artwork on the Avengers Pinball Cabinet was great, Guardians of the Galaxy artwork could be awesome as well.

Speculative threads on what MIGHT be the next title are rife on Pinside and oh so boring as its the same conversation over and over when really none of it actually exists.

..Anyway, another Marvel pin?... Excuse me while I roll over and go back to sleep  ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( (((

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »

Speculative threads on what MIGHT be the next title are rife on Pinside and oh so boring as its the same conversation over and over when really none of it actually exists.

..Anyway, another Marvel pin?... Excuse me while I roll over and go back to sleep  ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( (((
[/quote]

got a spare pillow? originality FFS please. WNBJM hits the right spot for me.
Remember when people had imagination for themes on pinball? What happened? maybe this should be another thread, called , my imagination is not dead yet but licensing is numbing me  ^&^

actually I think that the licenses they come out with are not for me. bring on Scooby Doo! or Kelly Slater Pro Surfing!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:11:39 PM by oldskool1969 »
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »

"I am Groot" multiball.

..Anyway, another Marvel pin?... Excuse me while I roll over and go back to sleep  ((( ((( ((( ((( ((( (((

I have never logged onto Pinside forum ever in my life.
I only log into this Aussie Pinball forum.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
The problem with choosing a title or style of title for next years pinball machine, is that you have to be absolutely close to spot on or you are going to lose money. Too safe is boring, too unique could be dangerous. If it costs half a million dollars to buy and develop a licence or theme, if you don't pick a title or theme that is going to appeal to a very wide market, you are going to lose money. Even a established company like Stern can't afford to get it wrong.

I can't see 90 perrcent of the titles being offered by the boutique startup pinball companies as being profitable at all.
I would bet money that Stern and maybe JJP and hopefully HOMEPIN will be the ONLY companies standing in 2 or 3 years.
From a profit point of view, how can these startup companies possibly set up premises, set up tooling and staff and the other 100 things and possibly survive on only a couple hundred sales of each of their first 1 or 3 pinball titles.

If someone does a speculative thread about a future pinball title or licence, and u get lots and lots of people joining in and saying I would buy that machine, companies like Stern USA take note and look closer at developing that title after further market research.

That EXACT situation is how titles like ACDC and The Walking Dead pinball became reality.
So to me, threads like this can stimulate the seed needed to get something from a dream to reality.

Maybe someone did a thread like this which got Heighway Pinball in the UK to do a ALIEN Pinball.
Maybe TBLebowski came to fruition from a forum discussion a few years back. ?

Without some imagination, boring or crazy, nothing comes to fruition.
Someone might say a big YES to a Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball. Someone might say boring as batshit, but nothing happens anywhere without sharing ideas.

Last point, is that half of the time, if not three quarters of the time you hear a rumour about Sterns next title, most of the time it comes true. I reckon this is a smart way for companies like Stern to get free and important feedback from a wide range of people without spending and wasting money on fruitless market research.

I know for a fact Stern watches and monitors all of the Pinball forums because these people know that the diehard pinball fans with their fingers on the pulse and hands on wallets are the people who are most suited to get valuable feedback from. Listening or not listening to your repeat customers is vital to survive.

JJP created their forum for the same reasons. $$.

If anyone has an idea for a licences or unlicensed theme, do a thread. You never know, the right person sitting at a design desk at a pinball company just might read your idea and run with it. Doesn't hurt to bounce around any ideas.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:27:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
Great movie, I'd like to see it as a pin. I can't see Stern doing any original themes so Guardian's is as good as any other theme that interests me. Although I prefer the older SS games I still like the new Sterns and everything else Inbetween as well.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 05:59:18 PM »
Great movie, I'd like to see it as a pin. I can't see Stern doing any original themes so Guardian's is as good as any other theme that interests me. Although I prefer the older SS games I still like the new Sterns and everything else Inbetween as well.

Love your style. Great minds think alike. Lol

On a similar happy side news note, the local Blockbuster Video Store I go to, was kind enough to give me a HUGE Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Poster for my beautiful 5 year old son Hunter. The young Manager who is about 20 years of age was very kind and also gave me the latest posters for TMNTurtles and Transformer posters as well. These are special posters that usually have to be sent back to the movie companies but I was gifted something I know my son will be so excited about when he sees his room next.

The Posters are way cool n colourful. Awesome artwork. Even I enjoy them a lot.
Makes the house seem way more happy n positive with all the bright colours. Anything that makes my son happy makes me the happiest. He loves the movie. He would love a Guardians Galaxy pinball. He liked X Men so much I bought him the X Men Pro pinball. It's his forever. Why not. Playing pinball with your dad is way cool when your a kid.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »
I think this theme is a no - brainer. Great movie and engaging artwork. It will do well if Stern make it. Rumour is that they are pursuing the license for production next year. Yes, like all these rumour threads, it may not happen, but this is one of those more plausible rumours.

I also read last night that WWE wrestling could also be a possibility.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »
What's cooking at Stern?

Reheated titles that were cold the first time they were served.  %.%

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
wrestlemania
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »
What's cooking at Stern?

Reheated titles that were cold the first time they were served.  %.%

like +1000000000000000  &&
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 10:26:21 PM »
Mustang sold very well in Europe and the USA. We are only one country out of 2 dozen minimum who sell brand new Stern pinnys.
I think Guardians will sell everywhere but other titles may not be big over here.

The Asian market, Euro market, Arab market all have different tastes.
We see and feel a lot of American stuff because we are a western allied country to the USA so anything American is usually accepted and nice to us, although very repetitive cause we are always hearing about America.
It seems the further you are from America society wise, the more people lap up Americana.
MustaNg is a good example, sold well everywhere else.

Really hoping they do a Guardians pinny.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 10:33:03 PM »
Mustang sold very well in Europe and the USA

How do you know? Stern don't release sales figures so we are all left with only speculation

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 10:50:42 PM »
My friend at Stern told me what sold well and where.

I have been lucky enough to have stayed in contact with three people from Stern, two designers and one manager.
They are the most accomodating and down to earth people to speak with. It's great to be able to easily communicate with your idols. The guys at Stern are so approachable and always a pleasure to talk to.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:03:05 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »
Mustang sold very well in Europe and the USA to distributors who are now sitting on inventory

How do you know? Stern don't release sales figures so we are all left with only speculation

Fixed the quote.   ()

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mustang+pinball&_sop=3

Look at it this way, Avatar LE took over a year from release to ACTUALLY selling out from the Stern distros on ebay US so Mustang still has a few months left to "wrestle" the title away.  %.%

As long as Stern maintains their current supply chain method, they will always be able to make claims that every title is "selling well".

First rule of marketing to convince your customer base to react - create a sense of urgency (real or imagined doesn't matter).