Author Topic: Addams Restore  (Read 5813 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Addams Restore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 09:53:49 PM »
Looks like there is an answer for every problem just found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SWAMP-ACCELERATOR-Addams-Family-Pinball-/140358784633?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ae091679
Will make one at work should solve the swamp problem

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »

The swamp problem could be that the machine is not level. seen this a few times. It may also be installed badly. The brackets that fix the swamp assy to the playfield must be flush with the playfield. There is a post and nut in the vicinity, and sometimes the swamp bracket is raised - this causes an effect where the natural fall is removed so the ball sits there. Also, clean the swamp assy - regrain it with scotchbrite.

Follow the above steps and it should work fine.

Most of these issues are fixed during the restoration.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
Well i finally started the restore on my Addams started by stripping out the headbox used Grafplast wire markers on all the connectors should make it a bit easier on reassembly.
The ball shooter cover may not be worth saving i will try and source a second hand one from somewhere.
Got black dust everywhere its not until you start a restore that you realise how much work is involved.
Anyway i havent achieved too much today will try and put the playfield in the rotisserie i bought of gamemasters i guess G clamps are the go to fix the playfield to the rotisserie?
Enjoy the photos
Advice encouraged

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 03:28:57 PM »
And a few more

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
I was hoping to find u a minty/Home use only one, but it was the only one i could find that was in the $ ball park, and the only one left at that stage. The others,except for one, sold for CRAZY money. The others sold for between 5500 and 6500.  @.@  If you can see past the few repairs n bits n pieces, it is better to get a roughy and save thousands up front.

Given that you will re-decall the cabinet, the nailing prob will dis-appear. Flipper kits, bits n pieces, the new playfield (which it doesnt even really need) and it will be amazing after you clean everything and strip it. In the end, you will have a beautiful Addams and I think you will still come out financially much better off. The great thing is, you can sell the original playfield and get some decent money back for that as well. Looking forward to seeing the end result. It still seems Addams Familys are few n far between with everyone keeping them. They now command big bucks.

p.s - ask Beaky how he hoses his full wiring harness and hangs it on the clothes line. You shld see the dirt which comes out of the harness ! YUK
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:49:02 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »
....will try and put the playfield in the rotisserie i bought of gamemasters i guess G clamps are the go to fix the playfield to the rotisserie?
G Clamps ^^^ and I also use some thick felt material (cut into small squares) to protect the playfield from the clamps.

Also the Grafoplast wire marking system looks excellent. Did you source it locally or OS? 

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
I was hoping to find u a minty/Home use only one, but it was the only one i could find that was in the $ ball park, and the only one left at that stage. The others,except for one, sold for CRAZY money. The others sold for between 5500 and 6500.  @.@  If you can see past the few repairs n bits n pieces, it is better to get a roughy and save thousands up front.

Given that you will re-decall the cabinet, the nailing prob will dis-appear. Flipper kits, bits n pieces, the new playfield (which it doesnt even really need) and it will be amazing after you clean everything and strip it. In the end, you will have a beautiful Addams and I think you will still come out financially much better off. The great thing is, you can sell the original playfield and get some decent money back for that as well. Looking forward to seeing the end result. It still seems Addams Familys are few n far between with everyone keeping them. They now command big bucks.

p.s - ask Beaky how he hoses his full wiring harness and hangs it on the clothes line. You shld see the dirt which comes out of the harness ! YUK

Brett,

Yes mate it is basically a very sound machine that will come up a treat when finished, as i have stated before i am not restoring this to make money i am doing it for enjoyment and to learn a shitload as well.
This machine is exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »
....will try and put the playfield in the rotisserie i bought of gamemasters i guess G clamps are the go to fix the playfield to the rotisserie?
G Clamps ^^^ and I also use some thick felt material (cut into small squares) to protect the playfield from the clamps.

Also the Grafoplast wire marking system looks excellent. Did you source it locally or OS? 

Thanks i have a few woodworking clamps at home that should do the job.
The Grafoplast wire number system we use at work to identify wiring looms so thought it might be useful to identify all the connectors.
I think by the name it is German but we source it through  Electrical wholesalers .

Cheers

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »

Brett,

Yes mate it is basically a very sound machine that will come up a treat when finished, as i have stated before i am not restoring this to make money i am doing it for enjoyment and to learn a shitload as well.
This machine is exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers
+1  ^^^ i'm about to try to do a restore in the next 6 months once i work up the guts to pull it apart,like the Grafplast wire markers,do you mind if i ask where you get them from,If it ends up as good as finny's restore it will be a class act,his clearcoat turned out real nice are you planning to do the same?

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »

Cheers
+1  ^^^ i'm about to try to do a restore in the next 6 months once i work up the guts to pull it apart,like the Grafplast wire markers,do you mind if i ask where you get them from,If it ends up as good as finny's restore it will be a class act,his clearcoat turned out real nice are you planning to do the same?

No i am happy with the clear coat on the new playfield i think we buy the numbering system through Auslec i dont think it would be cheap though as it comes in a kit.

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:33 PM »
Grafoplast - http://www.sunlec.com.au/traspsystem.php
Not cheap but sure look nice.

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
Looks like you have a great starting point John,

Good luck with the restoration, and will look forward to the updates.

PS - the cable markers are great, thanks for sharing!!

Timbo

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »
Got a fair bit done today playfield out and in the rotisserie headbox removed and cabinet fully stripped, ready for decals to be removed bogged and painted.
Have taken a trilliion photos of all the wiring on the playfield hope they all remember where they go .
Stripped all the earth braid out of the cabinet found it had been cut in a few places .
A few more photos.

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
Wow,you didnt waste any time mate. ^^^

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »
Wow,you didnt waste any time mate. ^^^

+1 Great to see the cabinet bare and the playfield already out for disassembly  #*#

Keep the updates coming

Timbo