Author Topic: Ace High Restoration  (Read 1415 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ace High Restoration
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
Hi guys, Yes, I always clear coat my cabs when the art work has been done. Having said that I don't know what the finish of 50's woodrails was like when they were new. All original cabs I've seen are so beaten up that it's a struggle to work out the colours, let alone the finish. I like clear coating as it gives all the colours the same sheen and provides years of protection.
Yes, I do have a wooden front bar. I have a furniture maker who has made me a couple, and I also have a spare set a the woodrails which he also made for me.

As for what this cab was originally, I have no idea as the cab was re-done using laminate geometric shapes. It looked pretty good, but the cab was a multi-player cab with the wings on the front. Those cabs were always ugly to me so I took to it with a circular saw and reduced its size to be exactly as a single player cab was in 1957. I'll even have to reduce the length of the plunger, as the one I've got is the longer kind (for multi-players). If someone wants this longer plunger then speak up. I'm happy to swap for a normal length plunger.
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the encouragement. Regards, Mark

mark jackson

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
hi everyone, here's a few pics. ... not quite finished but very playable now. .... the last pic is how the cabinet looked 'before'.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
That's a complete transformation Mark, and one you should be proud of. The game looks brand new, and I'll bet it plays like new again. Following your restores makes me want a Woodrail to enjoy. Just looking at them all lined up gives me goosebumps !

Well done, and I look forward to your next challenge !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
Looks excellent Mark . All that hard work was sure worth it  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$