Author Topic: airbrush accesory setup  (Read 633 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
airbrush accesory setup
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »
What do people advise to have on the bench to successfully do playfield touchup using airbrushing.

Obviously a compressor and airbrush hardware is a necessity, but what type of frisket masking ie. clear or matt, what type of paints ie. opaque or transparant/ primary or secondary kits etc etc.

I'd hate to buy the wrong stuff and I have seen so many things like the frisket where its a 50-50 call on which style. In the case of frisket I am thinking the matt may be the best as it may be easier to see where you have cut out areas and missed, but maybe the clear is better for cutting purposes.

any tips and help to getting started would be fantastic. Even advise of the calibre of airbrush would be great as I am not going to do free hand portraits etc and so I don't think a $300+ airbrush is necessary, but I may be mistaken
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: airbrush accesory setup
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »
I am also very keen to hear answers on this, having recently grabbed compressor and airbrush that Wotto was parting with 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »
I am also very keen to hear answers on this, having recently grabbed compressor and airbrush that Wotto was parting with 
Yes a great buy there as I looked at the maxus and it retails from about $240-300 alone.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
Yes a great buy there as I looked at the maxus and it retails from about $240-300 alone.

Yep .. I was lucky to see it early enough .. I am a total noob at airbrushing though .. but keen to give it a bash .. Wotto reckons its easier than you think
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/