Author Topic: WTF Popeye Pinball WMS ?  (Read 588 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: WTF Popeye Pinball WMS ?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 11:17:25 AM »
In actual fact i have a Royal Rumble and the machine is mint.It was $1700 and it was a bargain.
Everyone said dont buy it. But It was in such good nick, i had to have it. Many missions/wrestling matches to complete.Quite a unique game.
Again, a widebody with a real nice playfield, shaker motor, mini top playfield with mini flippers etc. I love the look of the lighting on this one.  ^^^
It cops heaps like Popeye, but when they are cheap, and in top condition, sometimes (always) its hard to say no.

I reckon that World Cup Soccer American job would be a real hard one to sell ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »

I reckon that World Cup Soccer American job would be a real hard one to sell ?  !@#

That game rates pretty high, even with non soccer fans.

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
i almost got tempted to buy a raven pinnie

but spent the extra coinage and got a BOP

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 05:04:01 AM »
Royal Rumble and WCS 94 are both great pins.

My favorite pin of all time - and I mean it! Is Rollergames. I'm on my 3rd game, which is a early production sample I reimported from Germany. It cost as much as my AFM, but to me, it is much better than AFM, and totally worth it.

My Rollergames is one of very few in the world that have 8 drop targets. Most just have 3. If you can look past the theme, it's a great Steve Ritchie layout. The music is similar to BK2K, some people love it, some people hate it. It's the game that got me started in pinball - I played it on route with my wife before we were married, and I remembered the show from growing up - basically combining roller derby with pro wrestling style antics.

I actually have all the episodes of Rollergames on bootleg DVD, took over 10 years to find them. The show was cancelled before the game made it to production.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »
I have just acquired a DE Back To The Future which in some circles cops a very serious bagging.
Partly 'cos Michael J Farks did not allow his image on the machine - who cares?
It's a straightforward game, but has really lovely artwork, great music and good quotes.
I'm a huge BTTF movie fan too, which helps.
So, to the pisstakers I say "may a thousand camels fart in your general direction"
Cheers
Max
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »
Royal Rumble and WCS 94 are both great pins.

My favorite pin of all time - and I mean it! Is Rollergames. I'm on my 3rd game, which is a early production sample I reimported from Germany. It cost as much as my AFM, but to me, it is much better than AFM, and totally worth it.

My Rollergames is one of very few in the world that have 8 drop targets. Most just have 3. If you can look past the theme, it's a great Steve Ritchie layout. The music is similar to BK2K, some people love it, some people hate it. It's the game that got me started in pinball - I played it on route with my wife before we were married, and I remembered the show from growing up - basically combining roller derby with pro wrestling style antics.

I actually have all the episodes of Rollergames on bootleg DVD, took over 10 years to find them. The show was cancelled before the game made it to production.

I really love Rollergames too, it was the game that opened my eyes to owning a pin in my home, my uncle-in-law had it in his garage when we went to visit many years ago.  Great layout, fast paced, only downside is the sounds can get a bit annoying but I have spent may hours bashing away on one, very hard to find over here now, I actually can't remember ever seeing another in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 05:12:23 PM »
Markc has had 1 or 2 on ebay I think. Pretty uncommon it seems.

Music makes me puke, it wouldnt last in my shed, gameplay looks decent.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:18:44 PM by Extra Ball »

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
There's 2 sets of sound/music ROMS for Rollergames as well.

The German distributor didn't like the original ROMS, and told WMS they wouldn't buy any if they came with the ROMS that were in the test games.

So, WMS made a 2nd set of sound ROMS. I don't find them to be that much different than the regular ones, but I have been told by others that they are different, so perhaps my hearing sucks.

The game in the video is an early production model - has the W logo speaker covers - maybe 200 games made with these. Also is early production because it has the flashers behind the translite - these were cost reduced out of the machine.

The guy playing it is pretty damn good too!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »

try Judge Dredd

10 years ago perhaps.  Today it enjoys somewhat of a cult status.

Yeah - I'm a fan of JD - love it (and have one coming  &&)

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
Well - stop teasing! give us a price and let's see who is interested (I am).

John lives in Canada

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »
I'm in the US :) John Greatwich lives in Canada though

• Read-Only