Author Topic: X-men  (Read 819 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: X-men
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »
Daz,   a few questions.

How long are ball times with everything set to hard versus standard (moderate) ?  !@# OR are the ball times the same-ish, but the scoring is just alot more difficult ?
I found the ball times on X Men Pro are excellent, and the scoring on Std is quite hard, meaning reaching say 25 million is difficult, so if u are reaching close to 35 to 40 million with everything set to hard, u are doing really well.

Whats your favourite mode or favourite part of the game, any audio or dot matrix stuff that sticks out ?
My favourite part was trying to lock all balls to get multiball, and trying to get each n every X Men character along the way.

Give us all a quick rundown about the game and what you like about it the most. Alot of people know about Sterns latest offerings being AC/DC etc, but X Men hasnt got much coverage so to speak, and its just such a fun and captivating game.  ^^^

To be honest I find this game pretty hard but very enjoyable at the same time.
Ball times can be very short like Ironman if the shots are not dialed in right or can be quite long when the shots are pure and the flow kicks in. The settings on hard only make the villians harder to beat. I don't think I am doing that well on it score wise compared to many who are getting 60 odd million on the LE, maybe the pro is a little faster but surely not 30 mill in diference so my play is not as good as I would like it on this game. I find IM a lot easier but I have owned it longer.

My fav modes are the villian modes in particular sentinels and juggernaut, i like have having to beat the health meter down on juggernaught to get his helmet off and them try and hit the xavier shot to beat him. rouge and Strom are my fav hero modes, rouge in particular is very cool as the more x-men powers you absorb from each different shot the more you score.
The nightcrawler mode on the pro is  brilliant, hit the flashing shots as nightcrawler moves between the two ramps, very hard and very cool mode. Much better than just smashing MM style trolls as they pop up and down.
I also like the health meter on magneto to beat him, for mine it gives the game a real different fell other than just hitting a shot that awards a jackpot. The fact that there are no jackpot calls on this game is also very refreshing.

Audio wise it is hard to nail any one thing I like, it is all very solid imo but if I had to pick a fav it would prob be iceman and wolverine. I would really like to add a subwoofer to this to enchance the audio even more.
The custom dots are top notch, i love them all but the extra ball sequence always brings a smile to my face, wolverines claws slice a pinball in half to reveal a x.

Shot wise, I can't get enough of the beast loop into the storm ramp from the third flipper if I can make it, a very fast and rewarding shot indeed. The cyclops mini loop into storm is great too. The rouge and storm skillshots are neat and the magnets are just what i would expect after owning IM, very powerfull and very hectic.

And then there is just the beauty of the machine in it's artwork...wow it really is a looker.

Strategy wise I always try to collect a few x-men shots first after the skill shot and try not to get wolverine to early and get as many hellfire and brotherhood targets as possible as I move into the hero modes. I have only had brotherhood multiball a couple of times and am yet to see hellfire multiball.
Other than that i am still learning as I go.

All up it is a huge winner for me and while I know it will not be everyones cup of pinball tea  i think Borg and his team have nailed this theme in a big way and another code update around xmas will only make this pinball better.
If anyone is considering this game for a future purchase I endorse it fully.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline burninator

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
Reading this thread sucks when you've never played the machine...will need to go and hunt one down so I can have a game!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »
Reading this thread sucks when you've never played the machine...will need to go and hunt one down so I can have a game!

If your in Brisbane drop me a line and you can come and play it...bring beer!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
Daz, thank you for your great response about your new x men pro.  ^^^

I learnt heaps just from reading your detailed responses and that will help me when my machine arrives.

I arrived in Sydney this morn from the Gold Coast and will be going in and saying hello to Bruce from amd and will be checking out my x men pro before it ships. $#$

I enjoy having a chat with the guys from amd and its fun checking out all the brand new in box machines and all the opened demo display models. Hopefully I will get to play the x men le and maybe something else depending what's set up since my last visit.

So tempted to stick a ac/dc premium next to the ac/dc pro at home.  &&  I have played the x men pro already of course and its excellent. Might be good to hear the audio for a change since the one at time zone is always drowned out by fifty other arcade games.
  Anyway, might get to take a few photos and a few videos to share with all the Aussie pinball guys before I leave and am considering going on to Melbourne whilst I am traveling for a week on holidays whilst researching my new 2013 arcade business idea. I will also be looking at new sega twin driving games and some other required arcade stock for next years launch, more on that later ....
Like daz said, x men pro is definitely a excellent new title to purchase for anyone wanting to part with some well spent pinball coin.

Stay tuned for some x men photos n videos if Bruce n amd don't mind.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »
Daz, thank you for your great response about your new x men pro.  ^^^

I learnt heaps just from reading your detailed responses and that will help me when my machine arrives.

I arrived in Sydney this morn from the Gold Coast and will be going in and saying hello to Bruce from amd and will be checking out my x men pro before it ships. $#$

I enjoy having a chat with the guys from amd and its fun checking out all the brand new in box machines and all the opened demo display models. Hopefully I will get to play the x men le and maybe something else depending what's set up since my last visit.

So tempted to stick a ac/dc premium next to the ac/dc pro at home.  &&  I have played the x men pro already of course and its excellent. Might be good to hear the audio for a change since the one at time zone is always drowned out by fifty other arcade games.
  Anyway, might get to take a few photos and a few videos to share with all the Aussie pinball guys before I leave and am considering going on to Melbourne whilst I am traveling for a week on holidays whilst researching my new 2013 arcade business idea. I will also be looking at new sega twin driving games and some other required arcade stock for next years launch, more on that later ....
Like daz said, x men pro is definitely a excellent new title to purchase for anyone wanting to part with some well spent pinball coin.

Stay tuned for some x men photos n videos if Bruce n amd don't mind.  ^^^

I must have missed something Brett are you becoming an operator? also ask Bruce if my Tron has left Stern yet #@#

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »
Yes Pete, but something very different to what has been done before in Australia. Pinball meets 2020 in 2013.

i wanted to do something at a fixed location this last two years with large amounts of pinny machines but Gold Coast city council has made it impossible with all the restrictions they have placed upon any arcade business up here etc.

Details later in early 2013. One of the reasons I came to Sydney was to persue this new business model. i just might have me a killer of a idea which I think is even better for pinball and arcade machines in Australia.  Details in 2013 as I am closer to making it happen. I can't release any specific details at all til early 2013.
I might need an extra few x men pros.lol.

Will see if any tron machines are laying around at amd tomorrow after lunch.lol  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
Just got 62 million this morning.
Defeated Magneto for the first time and got the all the heros completed to light Danger Room but choked and lost the ball before I could make the shot.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
congrats on the new pin!

better than Xmas and it usually happens more than once a year!

Offline MPE

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Re: X-men
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Will have a chance to play a X-men LE tonight. After reading some reviews here I can't wait
Resistance is futile

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »
The LE and the Pro play differently.  I think the pro is a little faster, and the 3rd flipper isnt hidden by the ramp on the pro but, the LE has more eye candy and the large nightcrawler pop up targets x 2, plus the moving ramp/spinner disk.
I prefer the pro for the $$, but would look at buying ? the LE if i had the extra few grand spare ?.... Its a hard call. Both are very very good.
Play both the Pro and the LE if u get a chance and u can feel the difference and then work out which one is for you.

note- all machines look Amazing in person, both the LE models are stunning and the Pro looks sensational as well. Beautiful looking games that blow u away when u first walk up to all 3 models. Anyone who has the chance to pop into AMD in Sydney and say hello to Bruce and check out all the floor stock should make the time, well worth it.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
Some pics

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
Some more pics

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
very nice Daz, you will have to change those cards though
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »
very nice Daz, you will have to change those cards though

yep, if I come across some custom cards I will be sure to grab them.

Offline MPE

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 12:31:18 AM »
The LE and the Pro play differently.  I think the pro is a little faster, and the 3rd flipper isnt hidden by the ramp on the pro but, the LE has more eye candy and the large nightcrawler pop up targets x 2, plus the moving ramp/spinner disk.
I prefer the pro for the $$, but would look at buying ? the LE if i had the extra few grand spare ?.... Its a hard call. Both are very very good.
Play both the Pro and the LE if u get a chance and u can feel the difference and then work out which one is for you.

note- all machines look Amazing in person, both the LE models are stunning and the Pro looks sensational as well. Beautiful looking games that blow u away when u first walk up to all 3 models. Anyone who has the chance to pop into AMD in Sydney and say hello to Bruce and check out all the floor stock should make the time, well worth it.

If the Pro is faster than the LE then it would be crazy fast!

The X-Men game is the fastest ive played i think
Resistance is futile