Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: X-men
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 06:08:18 AM »
very nice Daz, you will have to change those cards though

yep, if I come across some custom cards I will be sure to grab them.

I have some, will send some through to you.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »
The LE and the Pro play differently.  I think the pro is a little faster, and the 3rd flipper isnt hidden by the ramp on the pro but, the LE has more eye candy and the large nightcrawler pop up targets x 2, plus the moving ramp/spinner disk.
I prefer the pro for the $$, but would look at buying ? the LE if i had the extra few grand spare ?.... Its a hard call. Both are very very good.
Play both the Pro and the LE if u get a chance and u can feel the difference and then work out which one is for you.

note- all machines look Amazing in person, both the LE models are stunning and the Pro looks sensational as well. Beautiful looking games that blow u away when u first walk up to all 3 models. Anyone who has the chance to pop into AMD in Sydney and say hello to Bruce and check out all the floor stock should make the time, well worth it.

If the Pro is faster than the LE then it would be crazy fast!

The X-Men game is the fastest ive played i think

Ironman is even faster!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 09:38:52 AM »
very nice Daz, you will have to change those cards though

yep, if I come across some custom cards I will be sure to grab them.

I have some, will send some through to you.

Thanks Jady, much appreciated mate.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
If the Pro is faster than the LE then it would be crazy fast!
The X-Men game is the fastest ive played i think
[/quote]

Yes, played both the X Men Pro and the X Men LE and the PRO is apx 10 to 20 percent quicker i reckon because on the LE, the right moving ramp slows down gameplay a bit, the spinning disk gathers balls which slows it down a bit, and the pop up night crawler targets block shots making it again a little slower cause u dont gat as many balls flying back at you with the round the world shots, and the magnets seem to be a bit quicker n more random on the Pro.
I think you will find this is the case, and is going to remain the case with all new Stern Pro models compared to the LE models. It is the same with the AC/DC models with the Pro being faster as well. Its primarily because the Pro games are designed to have shorter ball times, with everything designed to be as quick as buggery to get your coins quicker and more often, and the games rules/shot layouts are also designed to make u lose your balls quicker to help make the operators more money.
  I feel personally, for a brutal fast game, with more unforgiving gameplay, designed to be harder n faster, always go the Pro..... But if u want more shots, with more time, and more eye candy, always go the LE.  I just like the bang for ya buck that the Pro model always delivers, plus the savings pay for over a third to almost half of the next new Pro model coming out....
....In a ideal world, with lotto winnings in hand, you would buy both a Pro and a LE.   It would be amazing to have a decent Stern collection featuring both Pro and LE machines in abundance. 70 million Lotto tonight guys.  && &&  @.@ %.%

P.S - thanks for the pictures Daz of your X Men. Excellent !  ^^^
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:22:11 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »
Thanks for the pics Daz, it looks great next to your IM, congrats  ()
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
Thanks for the pics Daz, it looks great next to your IM, congrats  ()

Cheers mate, a nice pair of boat anchors for sure but I love them.
 ^^^

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »
Looking good there Daz.
Congrats on your purchase.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »
A few pics to add to Daz's X Men thread.

John Borg, designer of many great games incl X Men, just was inducted into the Pinball Hall of Fame for his many years of excellent service and great design work for our great pastime and personal passion, Pinball.
 I have personally communicated with John and he is a top bloke who has a heart of gold, and a very friendly man who happily gives time to chat to pinball fans. He is probably my favourite game designer.

X Men is a winner, and I am sure many people at the 2012 Pinball Expo got to enjoy the game and see what a top notch job John has done with this title. He certainly wouldnt be getting the award this year if X Men wasnt a top notch game in my mind.
Well done Borgy.

pictures below

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:39:20 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !