Author Topic: X-Men Code Update - Merry Christmas  (Read 420 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
X-Men Code Update - Merry Christmas
« on: December 25, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »
Details to follow.

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2012 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* X-Men LE *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code.shtml#

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email software@sternpinball.com to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

V1.23 - December 21, 2012
=======================
- X-Men modes now stack and can run concurrently with each other. They may also run concurrently with other modes/multiballs if they were started beforehand.
- Reduced the number of shots to start X-Men modes from 2 to 1. Reduced the subsequent difficulties (hard and very hard) by one shot each.
- Mystery no longer adds time to running X-Men modes.
- Nightcrawler no longer begins if a villain is lit for start.
- Reduced the number of shots needed to complete Shadow King, Omega Red, Juggernaut, and Sentinels.
- Increased all the total values and super jackpots of all non-multiball villain modes.
- Reduced the timer of all villain modes from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Reduced the number of side bank shots to enable Brotherhood and Hellfire multiballs.
- Completing X-Men modes now provide +3X end of ball bonus multipliers instead of contributing to Danger Room requirements.
- Danger Room requirement is now based on Magneto Multiball super jackpot being achieved. This must occur with all 8 X-Men modes started and 4 balls locked before Magneto Multiball begins.
- Phoenix Mode takes one less shot to complete.
- Bottom lanes completed do not light villain start when a villain mode is currently running. They will contribute normally if lanes are completed outside a villain mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Nightcrawler pop-up mechs wouldn't go down properly.
- Fixed an issue in Xavier’s mode where the same mutant could appear twice in a row.
- Fixed an issue where the Iceman ramp moved too early after a successful 2nd jackpot, sometimes casuing the ball to drain. Now the ramp will wait before moving.

V1.21 - September 24, 2012
=======================
- Fixed an issue in Sentinels mode where new sentinels may not appear after one was destroyed. This only occurred when Magneto Multiball was started during Sentinels mode
- Adjusted the scoring in both Beast and Iceman modes. Scores are now 700,000 for the first shot and 1,300,000 for the second.
- Fixed an issue where Magneto "ball locked" and multiball jackpot speech calls repeated in an unintended fashion. These speech calls are now evenly spaced for repetition.
- Fixed an issue where hitting the pop bumpers during Beast mode overrode the full shot award. Now the Beast shot award has higher priority.
- Added back panel flasher lightshow for Storm mode.
- Added sound effects to the outlanes.
- Changed Xavier mode. Now when Xavier mode starts, the player can attempt to blindly find the mutant. The player has the option to hit the Xavier shot instead to reveal the mutant. Finding the mutant blindly is worth more points.
_ Fixed an issue where the side banks were not displaying their information correctly.

V1.2 - August 8, 2012
=======================
- added Dark Phoenix artwork.
- fixed scoring for all modes.
- changed game progression. Game now starts with all modes available.
- added speech and sound effects for several modes and villain select.
- added wolverine multiball mode.
- fixed a scoring issue where some magneto multiball scores weren't being added to the totals.
- changed all X-men modes to be easier to advance towards and complete.
- fixed an issue with the villain selection screen where placing money in the coinslot would prevent you from changing your selection.
- changed Brotherhood and Hellfire Club logos in selection screen to clearly state their multiball status.
- changed Brotherhood to be a 3-ball multiball.
- changed Xavier mode requirement to only find one mutant.
- changed Cyclops mode requirement to only combo shot. Cyclops mode no longer uses the scoop as a shot.
- changed Rogue mode to incorporate more shots including the nightcrawler mech.
- changed Iceman to requirement to be only two shots and to incorporate movement on the motorized ramp.
- changed Magneto Multiball to have the ramp move based on iceman shot being available as a jackpot.
- added adjustable for mode advancement to make them easier or more difficult. Reset default difficulty to medium.
- added text and modified lighting effects for Hellfire Club and Brotherhood side bank strikes.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:22:48 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: X-Men Code Update - Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
First thoughts by one guy is:
"Anyone that couldn't figure out what to do before will have no chance now. Really a shame, all those good DMD animations and callouts are pretty much wasted. Storm voice is a non issue for most now I bet, you can only start her through a combo so guaranteed to have another modes random stuff over her.

And good luck ever seeing Nightcrawler again with him being unable to start while villains are lit.
Iceman ramp is somewhat fixed... I still had it moving back and forth during a shot, especially on backhanded ramp shots, but there were four other modes going too so who knows what was going on.

I assume the young guys got kicked off and this game just got Lopped?

Completed all hero modes on my second game, no fanfare or anything was no big deal I guess lol.

Wish they would have just let one hero mode and one villain mode stack, this is constant madness going on now.

Nice to be able to get multipliers now I guess.

Interested in hearing anyone else's thoughts on this... pretty let down myself and will put many more games on it as I always do, but so far this code is a step backwards imo. Pretty much just flail around wildly and you'll start/complete modes bleh."

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
No point installing this, another major f**k up from the knobs at Stern.
This mob just can't be trusted and they will not be getting any more $$$ from me no matter what themed pin they build in the future.
I hope the company dies!
 **&
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »
Here is the Pro Update

STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2012 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* X-Men PRO *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email software@sternpinball.com to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

V1.04 - December 21, 2012
=======================
- X-Men modes now stack and can run concurrently with each other. They may also run concurrently with other modes/multiballs if they were started beforehand.
- Reduced the number of shots to start X-Men modes from 2 to 1. Reduced the subsequent difficulties (hard and very hard) by one shot each.
- Mystery no longer adds time to running X-Men modes.
- Nightcrawler no longer begins if a villain is lit for start.
- Reduced the number of shots needed to complete Shadow King, Omega Red, Juggernaut, and Sentinels.
- Increased all the total values and super jackpots of all non-multiball villain modes.
- Reduced the timer of all villain modes from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Reduced the number of side bank shots to enable Brotherhood and Hellfire multiballs.
- Completing X-Men modes now provide +3X end of ball bonus multipliers instead of contributing to Danger Room requirements.
- Danger Room requirement is now based on Magneto Multiball super jackpot being achieved. This must occur with all 8 X-Men modes started and 4 balls locked before Magneto Multiball begins.
- Phoenix Mode takes one less shot to complete.
- Bottom lanes completed do not light villain start when a villain mode is currently running. They will contribute normally if lanes are completed outside a villain mode.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
No sign of the TF update yet...................... :tumble:

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »
Have updated my Wolverine LE to this code.

Too much mode stacking now with hero modes imo. Feels like you are playing a different game with everything going on at once now.

This game has heaps of potential with the design, art and theme not lacking in any way imo. There will be another update in January I have been told, so fingers crossed it reaches its potential.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »
The original code was fantastic, and the december 21 code looks great as well........with more code to come, this machine will be like AC/DC, just an absolute winner.....

The good thing about the way Stern does the code, is that you can play a game like a novice, still have a rage n lots of fun with various modes/accomplishments so easy to achieve, OR you can play like a world champion and do everything and anything to play like a person who wants to beat the rubix cube type of play.

Well done Stern for the code updates, with more to come in early 2013 which will just add more fun to the X Men line up IMO.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
According to the pinside poll it looks like the general consenus is that this update is a major fail. It may get better with the Jan update but I'm not holding my breath.
The programmers had every chance to make some major improvements but instead they decided to change things about the game that were good and make them worse and leave the all the crap that should have been fixed in there. Powerpack..... :lol, more like a crap pack.
I guess the bottom line is if Lyman isn't involved the code will be shite.
Do Stern actually listen to customers or are they too busy stroking inflated egos and posting stupid videos like who is your fav avenger and wasting everyones time?
Reputation is everyting and Sterns is going right down the gurgler.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »
here is a vid of the latest revision

utoplay=1&rel=0
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:10:19 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »
Whilst forums are great to get some info from, there is nothing like playing the game yourself with the updated code for a good few hours to really get a feel for it...and even then, there is always new code updates on the way...its not a permanent situation.........and no one said u have to add the updates if u dont like them...u can add or subtract any code update by chosing whatever code version u want....just save each code update to a seperate file. Simple.

I am never one to take negative forum machine reviews as gospel.....no matter what forum from around the world it is......(incl my own reviews.lol)

I dont mind taking the positive ones as gospel.lol, cause anything positive is always welcome to me.......
Stern is working hard to make things better and more fun from the emails I get. It takes time to make things great. Rome wasnt built overnight.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
the complaints on this one might be justified, e.g.. the iceman ramp pauses in the middle of a move and leaves too earlier etc. That said I am sure they will get onto it and fix it asap.

I fixed the video link below, sorry still can't do the youtube box....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:04:00 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
video looks great....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:05:28 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
Whilst forums are great to get some info from, there is nothing like playing the game yourself with the updated code for a good few hours to really get a feel for it...and even then, there is always new code updates on the way...its not a permanent situation.........and no one said u have to add the updates if u dont like them...u can add or subtract any code update by chosing whatever code version u want....just save each code update to a seperate file. Simple.

I am never one to take negative forum machine reviews as gospel.....no matter what forum from around the world it is......(incl my own reviews.lol)

I dont mind taking the positive ones as gospel.lol, cause anything positive is always welcome to me.......
Stern is working hard to make things better and more fun from the emails I get. It takes time to make things great. Rome wasnt built overnight.

The code is shite, I played it and it sucks balls big time! You may well enjoy it when you play it, probably will I would reckon..lol.
Changed back to the older code pronto.
Stern sucks no matter how much spin you want to put on it, they are a joke.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:43:09 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
Yes, I think I will enjoy it very much so.lol     And a BIG Merry Xmas to Stern and all the great team of people who work their on this fine Xmas day.  ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »
Yes, I think I will enjoy it very much so.lol     And a BIG Merry Xmas to Stern and all the great team of people who work their on this fine Xmas day.  ^^^

:lol