Author Topic: My First Stern FAULT on a BNIB ACDC Pro ! Check your ACDC machines ?  (Read 185 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Ok. Purchased a BNIB Brand New ACDC Pro and have had it home from day one.
It never missed a beat ever and has been absolutely perfect UNTIL the other day I noticed during gameplay the volume was going up and down by itself and I said WTF ?

I opened the coin door n pressed the up n down buttons on the volume but it wasn't responding properly then noticed a tiny wire had UN soldered itself from the left volume button where there are a number of tiny wires soldered on .
The quality control on the solder down here is very crappy for any of the tiny white wires and I am amazed several others haven't just fallen off.

Message and lesson of the day, if u get any weird volume or any button choices working or not working properly or intermittently, open the coin door, turn the wiring upside down and resolder. A easy fix but in a shitty place with crap solder work done to all connections.
Hope it helps anyone else who has a ACDC or a late model Stern with sketchy volume or command button issues.
My first Stern factory redux out of all my machines so whilst annoying, it was the first and hopefully no more other small pains in the asses to follow.
Keep flipping !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Cool man, thanks for sharing.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.