Author Topic: would williams pinball return?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: would williams pinball return?
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
With all this demand got me wondering if it would be viable for a successful company that had been in the industry to restart. I'll pose this follow up hypothetical.

If williams did start up again and kickstart where they left off (not necessarily p2000 but say cc) would it be a matter of a short while before they would be number one again and secondly if so could they regain say 90% of the market which surely would make the re-entry viable????

Great hypothetical PG. If the hypothetical assumed Williams were back with their factory & had their main players in place (execs, designers etc), then given their huge fan base surely they'd be a serious competitor. But how quickly could they innovate from their final platform to tech equivalent/ better than current players? It's certainly fun to think about - imagine the quality of those games in the 1990s being kept at the same level but with cutting-edge tech  *%*
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.