Author Topic: What I enjoy most about pinball  (Read 816 times)

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: What I enjoy most about pinball
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 12:05:27 AM »
I hate the bloody things...They take all my cash...waste my time fixing them...waste even more time playing them...and the buggers breed like rabbits...Think Tony warned me about that one...
And they piss me off no end trying to take mylar off the buggers..
Cost me a fortune when the power bill turns up...and Im always cleaning the glass after the Kids put there fingers all over them...and the kids NEVER finish a game and leave the music going...
Im forever putting the glass back on and have left the balls out...
And the old globe sockets are a real pain in the ass...
They take up too much room...are too heavy..too noisy..fade in the sun...and have even caught on fire..
and then every few months a strange group of guys come on over and play them all night...leave beer bottles everywhere and nudge the crap out of my machines (When Louise isnt looking that is) So I end up needing to fix them up all over again...

But hey I guess they are fun...

lol

$#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$

ROLLERBALL VERY WELL SAID I'LL GIVE YOU 10 OUT OF 10 @@* :lol %.% <.> :D

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:49 AM »
Of course I enjoy playing them, but for me it is just owning them that gives me the biggest grin.

Added that as an option - feel free to change your vote if you have voted already.

done :)

bobaloobus

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 08:19:50 PM »
The thrill of the chase - even after 32 years gets me going - then the restoration of a game that has seen much better days.

Another kick is chasing the impossible to find parts from the USA

After the hard work, heading out there on on a Friday night with a few beers, the music pumping and the lights out.....the inner sanctum  *%*
Yep that's it....!
But what makes it a tad better - is when a few mates of the same era & have wasted as much pocket money as you back in the day enjoy the same "sanctum"
Plus I love getting a bargain....!
 ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
Collecting pinball machines is an awesome hobby, just the thrill in chasing machines is half the fun.

I love playing these machines, and also arcade games. Nothing is better than having a few beers on a friday night and playing pinball/arcade games after a tough week @ work!!

Great hobby #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »
All aspects, including the social side of things - meeting people with a shared interest/passion for the hobby. We have a small network of devotees here in the Wild West. All great guys and  some very cluey dudes who love to chat and help each other out. Much like a real life APA forum . . . more power to it!
 $#$
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:56 PM »
I love playing them .... ( who here doesn't  %.%)  but also love the social side of them ie. looking at them , talking about them , fixing them .