Author Topic: Sited POTC in Toowoomba  (Read 155 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Sited POTC in Toowoomba
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
I was in Toowoomba over the Christmas period and most of the time was spent with family and watching the Boxing Day test.

However, an hour or so one afternoon was spent at the Sunset Superbowl bowling alley. As well as the bowling lanes (and yes I won the game) they have a small arcade area including one Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machine.

The POTC was set for $1 per game or $2 for 3 games. I was thinking about having a go, but on closer inspection the playfield was filthy - dirt blobs everywhere. At first I thought the specks of dirt were part of the original paintwork but then realised they were grime. Anyway, on seeing how much grime there was I started wondering how well the machine was maintained and decided not to put the coin in.

I don't get it - if you are going to go to the trouble of siting a pin, why wouldn't you attend to it at least once a month, give it a quick clean and make sure everything is working?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sited POTC in Toowoomba
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »
hey, its amazing how many machines are sited and are never looked after.

When u see a game like that (or any collectable pin) on site that is filthy, its makes u feel uncomfortable and angry at the same time.
i know it sounds crazy, but it makes ya feel like u need to rescue it, from an idiot owner, like someones pet dog, which hasnt got water or decent living conditions.

i went past a gas station with an indianna jones and some idiot had tagged (spay painted) the cabinet and some of the translite. Until the tagging, it was a beautiful machine.
Could u imagine your reaction if u walked in on the people doing the vandalism, whilst they were attacking the indianna jones machine.
It would be funny telling the police " i came to the rescue of the pinball machine, it couldnt defend itself so i had to break a few fingers to deter future spray painting".
Hopefully the copper would be an enthusiastic pinball player and foot the little mongrels right up the arse.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swampy76

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:34 PM »
I saw similarly neglected machines in Adelaide over Christmas. An LOTR and POTC both with dodgy flippers, dirty playfields.......Wasted 2 bucks on each of them....

Stumbled across an Elvis too.....flippers trashed. All relatively new machines that were completely neglected....... !@#

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »
Stumbled across an Elvis too.....flippers trashed. All relatively new machines that were completely neglected....... !@#

Marion Intencity? - If so, the flippers have been like that for over 2 years.  ::)

Offline swampy76

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »

Marion Intencity? - If so, the flippers have been like that for over 2 years.  ::)

Yep - Marion Intencity. What a joke.......And the LOTR and POTC were at the Beachhouse at Glenelg.