Author Topic: Looking into restoring my Data East - Star Wars  (Read 13417 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Looking into restoring my Data East - Star Wars
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »
I've done about half a dozen orders with them.. although they can be a bit slow at times everything has always arrived intact.
They have a lot of items that are either more expensive from other suppliers or that the others dont have.

It's very weird, I also have purchased half a dozen times from them and other than not being super quick I have had no issue..

He even contacted me to let me know one of the plastics I ordered was a reproduction and a few other people had complained the red was a slightly darker than the stock and wanted to be sure whether I wanted to go ahead (as it was down the back and mostly covered I didn't care)..

I generally don't recommend them though to others, just as there seems to be so many horror stories around??

I had the same thing happen on one of my orders, which included some sling plastics for a TAF i was restoring.. he sent an email advising me that the colours were slightly off, checking if i wanted to go ahead.. i did go ahead as the game was going back onsite (game belonged to a holiday resort and i knew they wouldn't care about colours on two plastics being slightly wrong, so long as it made them money and it looked presentable is all they cared about).

I tend to use Mad Amusements only as a last resort if no one else has what i'm after at a given time, due to the horror stories that have been doing the rounds.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:42:00 PM by Mr Pinbologist »