Author Topic: Williams WPC Driver / power supply board repair  (Read 9449 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I have spent a bit of time on the board layout and the hardest part is done. I still need to put in the transistors and the resistors but I have done all the work for the triacs and plugs.
Now its a bit of a tight squeeze as I have to fit it all on a single sided pcb where the original is double sided and I have to fit all the parts in a smaller area than the original . There are only 2 links on top of the board that i have to install which isn't to bad. I had to move the positions of the fuses and triacs around a bit so the layout is not the same as the original. fortunately some of the inputs are linked on the plugs so I merged the two tracks into one on the board were this happens. The tracks will need some touching up once i get the other components on. It was also necessary to put all the fuses on the daughter board instead of just 2 so the board can be just plugged in and have no hard wired wires between the boards.J121 on my board will have wires soldered to it and there will be a plug put on the wires so it can be plugged into J120 on the original board because there are some tracks on the original board that go to J119. J121 on the original board will also be used for some of the G.I's.

I ended up using free pcb instead of protell as I am not sure how to export the gerber files from protel.
Here is a picture of the board so far.
P.S. as you can see i am a big fan of fat tracks.  &&

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)