Author Topic: Williams WPC Driver / power supply board repair  (Read 9452 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Thanks Mike.
I have 4 mounting holes marked S/O1 to S/O4 (stand off 1 to 4). The stand off's are lined up with 4 of the heat-sink holes on the original board. I don't like having all the over hang past the stand offs where the plugs are but there is not much i can do about that unfortunately.
I used free pcb for that reason, so i could send you the .fpc file. protel will only save it as a .pcb file and you would not be able to open the file with free pcb.
I don't mind free pcb but one of the things i like about protel is you can draw up the schematics and specify what foot print each component on the schematic has, then when you transfer it to the pcb all your foot prints are there on the board with all the net lists done.
And yes you are right, protel is very 'top heavy', thanks for putting me on to free pcb  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:52:23 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)