Author Topic: Vitreous enamel painting  (Read 242 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Vitreous enamel painting
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »
I am doing a restore on my BBQ and the roasting hood is made of stainless steel but has painted aluminium ends that are looking a bit ordinary.
I want to have the ends painted and im guessing that the best finish would be Vitreous enamel .
Any thoughts on any other finishes that might suit and does anyone know where i can get this done.

Cheers

John

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
Re: Vitreous enamel painting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »
I want to have the ends painted and im guessing that the best finish would be Vitreous enamel .
Any thoughts on any other finishes that might suit and does anyone know where i can get this done

pretty sure you can't get Vitreous enamel done & if you could it would be very expensive.
I hand a cast iron bath restored a few years ago, they call this re-enameling but all they do is spray the bath in 2-pac paint.
couple of options could be try buying a new hood from the manufacturer or paint the ends with an engine spray paint

Offline ///

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
Powder coating?
Dunno if it can be done to aluminium, but might be worth ringing around and asking.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
Pool fencing is powder coated aluminium but i am not sure if it could handle the heat.
There is a place that restores old antique baths with vitreous enamel on the other side of Sydney i will give them a call this week .