Author Topic: Take care at home  (Read 244 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Take care at home
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »
There's some pinball connection here - firstly we all tend to do things with our games that are dangerous, lifting, high power work etc. Also, the victim here was my best mate, who I spent many school days with playing pinball, those days were the cause of my current addiction.

Just got back from the Alfred Trauma Centre. My mate turned on the lawn sprinklers and they started shooting at him, so he stepped backwards and tripped on the edge of the lawn - which has a four foot drop to the concrete driveway. With nothing to stop his fall he went backwards over the edge, with a head first landing.

One minute having a laugh with his partner, the next, ambulance then air ambulance.

A number of skull fractures, two vertebra fractures, crushed eye socket, hearing loss in one ear (the bones appear crushed), swelling and bleeding on the brain. He'll be OK in time most likely, but these things give you pause, and made me think of the dangerous things done around the house daily, and wanted to share the reminder here.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Take care at home
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
That's terrible new hope e makes a quick recovery.     And yes there are many dangers that we overlook everyday it only take one wrong move.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
I hope your mate makes a full recovery. I haven't had that sort of a injury but a few beauties in the past and as you get older you just don't bounce back like you once did when you were young.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »

Its amazing how we take things for granted. One minute everything is "normal", then suddenly your world is upside down. The human body has amazing recuperating powers, so I hope that he makes a full recovery through this difficult time. Best to keep a positive attitude and hopefully things will be back to "normal" again.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 02:30:16 AM »
I hope your good friend gets well soon Nick and pray his wife n kids are Ok as well.

I almost fell off a DBL storey roof last week at work and my life flashed before my eyes. Your health is everything.

Hope ya mate makes a full recovery soon.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »
Terrible news, I hope he gets well soon, very unfortunate accident