Author Topic: A Few Items I'm Chasing - T2 and ToM  (Read 236 times)

Offline pistolpete78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
A Few Items I'm Chasing - T2 and ToM
« on: August 25, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »
Having got a couple of pins now, there are a couple of items I need to fix up. There may be other solutions to some of these, but thought I'd see if there might be any parts out there:

1. T2 - terminator "hand" plastic above the right slingshot. There is basically only a fingertip missing off of mine, but if I can fix it I'd like to. Not having any luck tracking one down. I am thinking I could scan the left hand and reversing it and do a reproduction if I need to.

2. T2 - plastic to the left of the skull has a crack in it, and sometimes it comes loose and starts to move over the top of the path up to the skull drop target. It's complete otherwise, so again, could maybe scan it and do a repro.

3. ToM - RHS (as you look at it - is this technically left?) back box decal. Cabinet and other side of the back box are awesome. A couple of damage areas I can patch on the RHS if I can find a decal. Don't need a whole set 'cause all the others are in great nick.

4.  ToM - [;ayfield decal - spirit rings.  A bit missing on this one.

I think that's it, for now !@#  Would appreciate it if anyone who has any of these that they'd be willing to part with or if they know where I can source some would let me know. Done way to many google searches at work now.

Cheers,

Pete
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:37:52 PM by pistolpete78 »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: A Few Items I'm Chasing - T2 and ToM
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:56:50 AM »
http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/742

Not sure if this is the T2 plastic you mean?  Otherwise you can remove the plastic and glue it together with a small piece of clear plastic underneith.

These guys have the left hands but not the right.  Given MarkC has uncovered a few T2 parts in his haul, you never know what might be in the container their packing now as is the plastics one.

They also have the internal decals your after re TOM too.  Not sure how you would go with the backbox decal. 

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »
That's the one Marty, thanks.  The left and right hands look identical to me, I wonder if you could just flip a left hand over if it becomes impossible to get a right hand on its own without the full set.  Depend on screw hole locations I suppose.

I'll have a think about whether to just go with the repair on the other plastic.

Might be useful to get a full set anyway and have some spares.  Father's Day is coming up!

I'll wait and see what Mark might have in his haul first.  Might get lucky.

I should have been more specific on the ToM PF decal.  It's the decal over the insert going up to the right stair case, not the one on the spirit ring.  Just don't really want to shell out $200+ for a full set of cabinet decals if I only need one.     

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 12:20:35 AM »
Have sourced a set of ToM playfield decals on Ebay from classicarcades (Jeff) - in the mail. USD$37 incl. postage which I think is ok.

I may need to do some touch up paint by hand at the edge of the new decal as the wear extends just around the edge, but only minor. Might put a piece of mylar over this section as this is where the ball pops out of the trapdoor, so prob cops a bit of a hiding. One day I would like to do the whole PF. One day ::)

I've found a few options for plastics sets for T2 and am getting there - always something to do!

It looks like its a dead end on getting a sinlge cabinet decal though - can't find anything yet. I'll try contacting some of the sellers of the full sets - maybe they have some singles.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »

we had some t2 plastics
think they in container number 3
with hundreds opps thousands of others

who wanted wcs ones ?
or indy   or tz

bloody heaps of them

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 01:33:12 PM »
Cool Mark, I'm keeping an eye on the site for them......

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »
Cool Mark, I'm keeping an eye on the site for them......

plastics in the last 2 containers  but will be one of the first things we list as so many people will be chasing them