Author Topic: Pinfest 2013  (Read 12307 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Pinfest 2013
« on: March 17, 2013, 08:48:51 AM »
Looking forward to any updates NPL would like to make about Pinfest 2013
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: Pinfest 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
The silence is getting louder.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 11:20:41 PM »
Theres nothing on the Facebook page apart from a date confirmation. Your not going to get general chit chat speculation and discussion from the organisers as they dont frequent this forum unless to chastise.
What do you need to know?? It will happen on the dates provided and it will feature pinballs to play.. is there anything else?

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »
Where's Annie?  <.>
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »
Theres nothing on the Facebook page apart from a date confirmation. Your not going to get general chit chat speculation and discussion from the organisers as they dont frequent this forum unless to chastise.
What do you need to know?? It will happen on the dates provided and it will feature pinballs to play.. is there anything else?

One other thing . Its a great location and well worth the visit .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 05:58:42 PM »

I think that comment is a bit harsh Gav and it's comments like that which will quickly start uneccessary debates ...

Anyhow on to Pinfest 2013 ....

Many of you guys already know me as I have been a member here for quite some time . I am also a Newcastle Pinball Association commitee member and have been appointed the role of keeping the info regarding Pinfest 2013 up to date on AP as it is confirmed .

We had our first NPA / Pinfest 2013 meeting last night ( 18/3/13 )  to kick things off and get the ball rolling .

The location :

Caves Beachside Hotel, Mawson Close, Caves Beach, New South Wales

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Caves+Beachside+Hotel,+Mawson+Close,+Caves+Beach,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&ll=-33.069103,151.736298&spn=0.403369,0.834274&sll=-32.830735,147.451465&sspn=12.9288,26.696777&oq=caves+beachside+hotel&t=h&hq=Caves+Beachside+Hotel,+Mawson+Close,+Caves+Beach,+New+South+Wales&z=11

http://cavesbeachsidehotel.com.au/

The dates : ( confirmed )

21st and 22nd September 2013

There is accomodation available at the venue but it is advised that you get in quickly to avoid missing out .

If anybody has any questions regarding Pinfest then feel free to PM me ( or post it in this thread ) .

Regards,

Scott.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »

I think that comment is a bit harsh Gav and it's comments like that which will quickly start uneccessary debates ...

Anyhow on to Pinfest 2013 ....

Many of you guys already know me as I have been a member here for quite some time . I am also a Newcastle Pinball Association commitee member and have been appointed the role of keeping the info regarding Pinfest 2013 up to date on AP as it is confirmed .

We had our first NPA / Pinfest 2013 meeting last night ( 18/3/13 )  to kick things off and get the ball rolling .

The location :

Caves Beachside Hotel, Mawson Close, Caves Beach, New South Wales

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Caves+Beachside+Hotel,+Mawson+Close,+Caves+Beach,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&ll=-33.069103,151.736298&spn=0.403369,0.834274&sll=-32.830735,147.451465&sspn=12.9288,26.696777&oq=caves+beachside+hotel&t=h&hq=Caves+Beachside+Hotel,+Mawson+Close,+Caves+Beach,+New+South+Wales&z=11

http://cavesbeachsidehotel.com.au/

The dates : ( confirmed )

21st and 22nd September 2013

There is accomodation available at the venue but it is advised that you get in quickly to avoid missing out .

If anybody has any questions regarding Pinfest then feel free to PM me ( or post it in this thread ) .

Regards,

Scott.

Sorry mate.. forgot you were an NPA member.. im afraid the bad sticks in the mind more than the good... wasnt directed at you and i take the comment back

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »

Thanks for the update Scott.

Gav's was a pretty accurate comment, but I very much admire him for his retraction.

Let's keep this thread clear of too much commentary on some  of the past behaviors and concentrate on keeping things positive.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:05 PM »
Thanks for the update / info guys  ^^^

All the best with getting Pinfest together.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
No probs re the comment Gav . I didn't take it personally but others may . Just thought it best to keep any unneccessary comments out of the thread .

Thanks for posting the flyer blue95 . I think we still have to finalise the details on it as far as sponsors etc. go but people can get the general idea of what it will look like .

One feature that people may notice that is different from last year is we are doing 2 timed play sessions per day .

Saturday 21st -   9am - 1pm   ,  2pm - 6pm .

Sunday 22nd -  9am - 12pm , 1pm - 4pm .

The cover charge will be $10 for a single session  or $15 for an all-day pass ( ie. both sessions ) .

The 1 hour shut down between sessions will give us time to attend to any small issues that may arise with the machines that were near impossible to attend to last year with so many people packed into the venue  .

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »

The 1 hour shut down between sessions will give us time to attend to any small issues that may arise with the machines that were near impossible to attend to last year with so many people packed into the venue  .

Great idea  *%*

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
The only way you will get the punters out at break time will be to warn 5 minutes ahead then switch off the power to the machines like we had to do last year 'cause they just won't stop playing them otherwise.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »
I'm spewing I'll be on the Gold Coast that weekend as I really wanted to go :-( but glad AP has a info thread and that will make it a top event for all.

Peter

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 11:09:41 PM »
No probs re the comment Gav . I didn't take it personally but others may . Just thought it best to keep any unneccessary comments out of the thread .

Thanks for posting the flyer blue95 . I think we still have to finalise the details on it as far as sponsors etc. go but people can get the general idea of what it will look like .

One feature that people may notice that is different from last year is we are doing 2 timed play sessions per day .

Saturday 21st -   9am - 1pm   ,  2pm - 6pm .

Sunday 22nd -  9am - 12pm , 1pm - 4pm .

The cover charge will be $10 for a single session  or $15 for an all-day pass ( ie. both sessions ) .

So far the flyer is pretty much all the info we came up with at the first meeting last night, it's just a start to get the info out there.