Author Topic: Take over 100 machines...  (Read 7354 times)

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: Take over 100 machines...
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 05:33:18 PM »
was informed about it was around $35 for walkup entry 250pins on free play, but it is not stated on the site, anyway back to  ((( for me  ^^^

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 06:16:14 PM »
And it has been such a long time since the last bout of interforum politics
Thought we were bigger than this

I thought the Vics weren't this ingratiating? Unfurl the Eureka flag, Pete in the birthplace of resistance to tyranny.  $#$

Any chance of appearing apolitical was lost when the organisers opted not to inform both Australian forums of the event.

Pinball in Australia constantly suffers from having too many people who want to be big fish in a small geographically isolated pond.

Keating warned us of the inherent dangers of a banana republic......

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »

Well there you go... guess my thread about PIN A GO GO has turned into a thread advertising the upcoming expo even if not for the right reasons. I only found out about it cos I logged into the forum after an enquiry for stencils. Read what it was about, pricing.. the intention to keep it exclusive and immediately thought " WTF is wrong with these guys? "

Good luck to them.. but I look at PIN A GO GO and it looks like a lot of fun.. the Australian expo seems bloody sad due to insecure personalities. I honestly think its a great shame because Australia will never be able to host anything like that seen in other countries. I just shake my head in disbelief..

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 06:37:50 PM »
Whatever

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
The pinball community is too small for me to be a forum snob

I like getting out a chatting about pinball
Hopefully one day I will hold a meet
But on AP, there is only two other guys from Ballarat, not sure how many locals are members of AA, but meets are better if many people attend

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »

But on AP, there is only two other guys from Ballarat, not sure how many locals are members of AA, but meets are better if many people attend

I'll have an APR Expo at my place in a couple of months. You are more than welcome !

So is anyone else for that matter.

One of these days, I'll travel to the USA and attend some of the Expos. I really wanted to meet Steve Kordek before he passed. I've set my sights on John Trudeau and I'd like to meet Wade Krauss and Tim Arnold and catch up with my friend James Loflin.

I'd love to play games that are rare and interesting - Stern Viper and Split Second. Older EMs like Vampire and 4 Million BC. I think if I had a whole day, I'd just stare at the woodrails and try and work out how to get a shipment here !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »

Couldn't agree more Pete..

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »

You had me half interested right from the start of your post Gav,

until........

Then you really grabbed my attention!!  &&
I'm sorry but what's so great about the fridge  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
Aah yes - that one. Hasn't been advertised on this forum.. this is the $150 lock in ticket available only to a certain forum so only people from that forum can attend? . But if  all 350 tickets not sold then the scum public MAY be allowed to join in? Its not a business.. its a hobby..LOL.. Potential $45000 to be made from a lock in and its not a business?

Like I said.. US style.. fun.. popular.. not restricted...

who put the AA in animosity??

%.% %.% %.% %.%

Ok.. back on track to the reply.. I wont be attending, right from the start, it lacks any good vibe

I can see where you are coming from Gav , but the organisers are financing this event out of their own pockets (50K I heard) , so I guess its up to them if they want to make part of it exclusive . If they weren't paying for it themselves then it wouldn't be happening , so I think its fair they should try and break even at least . The public still get the opportunity to attend during the day and have access to play around 200 pins . How often does that happen in Australia ?
Before I get slammed for my comments let me say I have no personal involvement (or forum bias) , just think its great that guys have the balls and determination to put something like this together .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
I understand that mate and I also understand that it takes a lot of guts to put your hand in your pocket to finance this type of thing.. hats off to them and a lot of respect on that part. I also understand that they need to make a return.. of course they do! Business is business.
What I don't understand is that if your are going to stump up $50K or so and need to make a return.. why are you limiting its success by only letting 1 forum go?
Aye.. its their money and they can do what they like, but talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.
If I had any money tied up in this at all id be shouting about it from  every possible angle and making sure everyone across the hobby and general public knew about it.. but that's me and its not my money and for that im glad.
The 300 available $150 a ticket for the 250 machines? IF it sells out at that price then there are more people than machines.. if I paid $150 for a private party id expect the run of any machines id like.. $150 doesn't sound like a good deal to me... id still not get a game on CV.. MOP etc as they would be taken up... the crappy RECEL pins on the other hand.. well.
Dunno mate.. theres a lot of sour grapes in this Expo and it really does sum up the Australian pinball community very well... its not a happy place is it?

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »
I understand that mate and I also understand that it takes a lot of guts to put your hand in your pocket to finance this type of thing.. hats off to them and a lot of respect on that part. I also understand that they need to make a return.. of course they do! Business is business.
What I don't understand is that if your are going to stump up $50K or so and need to make a return.. why are you limiting its success by only letting 1 forum go?
Aye.. its their money and they can do what they like, but talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.
If I had any money tied up in this at all id be shouting about it from  every possible angle and making sure everyone across the hobby and general public knew about it.. but that's me and its not my money and for that im glad.
The 300 available $150 a ticket for the 250 machines? IF it sells out at that price then there are more people than machines.. if I paid $150 for a private party id expect the run of any machines id like.. $150 doesn't sound like a good deal to me... id still not get a game on CV.. MOP etc as they would be taken up... the crappy RECEL pins on the other hand.. well.
Dunno mate.. theres a lot of sour grapes in this Expo and it really does sum up the Australian pinball community very well... its not a happy place is it?

No mate , its not a happy place . Such a shame that everyone in the pinball community can't behave as adults and all get along with each other . I wore an AP shirt to an AA meet once and boy that put the cat amongst the pidgeons  :lol
Yeah I too would be spruiking everywhere if it were my money. Even if I wasn't working most of that weekend I wouldn't pay $150 for a ticket either as I also don't see it as great value . I will go on the Saturday though as I think $30 for 8 hours is pretty good , though it will be a gamble as to how much game time you can have , totally dependent on the crowd on the day of course.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »
If I had any money tied up in this at all id be shouting about it from  every possible angle and making sure everyone across the hobby and general public knew about it.. but that's me and its not my money and for that im glad.

No mate , its not a happy place . Such a shame that everyone in the pinball community can't behave as adults and all get along with each other . I wore an AP shirt to an AA meet once and boy that put the cat amongst the pidgeons  :lol
Yeah I too would be spruiking everywhere if it were my money. Even if I wasn't working most of that weekend I wouldn't pay $150 for a ticket either as I also don't see it as great value . I will go on the Saturday though as I think $30 for 8 hours is pretty good , though it will be a gamble as to how much game time you can have , totally dependent on the crowd on the day of course.

.. and that's indicative of the "issues" from other side of the fence. Problems need to start from somewhere, and it is always the same crap !  :tumble:

If I recall, this event was to be "inclusive" irrespective of what forum and what state you live in. Even talk of the commercial guys in Melbourne being given an invite.  !@)

The only Expo worth attending would be the type of presentation the OP linked.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
The approach re only inviting one forum, is just a blatant case of someone in business who has chopped one hand off before they even began climbing the money vine.lol

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 02:06:23 PM »
The approach re only inviting one forum, is just a blatant case of someone in business who has chopped one hand off before they even began climbing the money vine.lol

Happens on this forum too
people who need to sell machines urgently, only to advertise them on one site

most people on both AA and AP are great guys

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »
I cant comment on that Pete cause I haven't sold machines via the AP or AA forum.

I don't know the reasons as to why the pinball meet is only advertised on one forum, and not the other. Doesn't make moral or business $$ sense to me.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !