Author Topic: Take over 100 machines...  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Hashman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
Take over 100 machines...
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 07:07:45 PM »
As far as I know AA members were just offered PRE SALE tickets. Any suggestion the expo is only for AA members is just stupid.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Take over 100 machines...
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
As far as I know AA members were just offered PRE SALE tickets. Any suggestion the expo is only for AA members is just stupid.

.. and the reason for the organizers to avoid posting dates / times etc on AP is ?

It is no biggie because I would not attend anyway, but it is so blatantly obvious that info is not posted here for similar reasons to the cave's beach meet ?

The approach re only inviting one forum, is just a blatant case of someone in business who has chopped one hand off before they even began climbing the money vine.lol

Happens on this forum too
people who need to sell machines urgently, only to advertise them on one site

most people on both AA and AP are great guys

Often see members that only contribute when they want something to buy, or have something to sell..

Most pinball people are GREAT guys. Most I know are not even members of forums, attend "expos" or have meets. It is just the way they roll.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
I just figured that maybe the organizers aren't on every forum.

Not really up with any forum politics.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Take over 100 machines...
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
I'm going but with past events there doesn't seem to be enough games and theres like 3 deep waiting to get on! The USA must have heaps more games? Bugger the politics I just enjoy pinball :-) you going Dave?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 07:53:22 PM »
It would be nice to go

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »
I'm going but with past events there doesn't seem to be enough games and theres like 3 deep waiting to get on! The USA must have heaps more games? Bugger the politics I just enjoy pinball :-) you going Dave?
Yep. Tickets and rooms already booked Pete. Looking forward to it.

Regardless of any inter forum crap I'd just like to see the pinball expo do well. I think it's great for pinball in general and the more exposure the better.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »
It would be nice to go

I've put the annual leave in so I will just buy a day pass I'd say and a good boys weekend away.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »
Yep. Tickets and rooms already booked Pete. Looking forward to it.

Regardless of any inter forum crap I'd just like to see the pinball expo do well. I think it's great for pinball in general and the more exposure the better.

Cool I'll see you there if not before I'm still spewing I didn't go to the peacock hotel yesterday even just to watch great players :-)

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »
Last word from me on this, was not my intension to start any B/S here, I get on these forums to learn from you guys & catch up with others that have the same interests, on this land for a short time, luv what you got, spent more time flipping  ^^^

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Re:
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2014, 09:56:45 PM »
So you can't buy lockin, and garnish information do from their Website..?  I think you should look beyond forum politics and look to their website as the primary source of information and updates.  Just because the organisers may not be members here on AP, doesn't automatically mean they are aligned exclusively with AA,  and that AP members are not welcome..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2014, 11:03:06 PM »
Why don't they make the small effort to post on Aussie Pinball and get another 20, 50 or 100 people to attend.

If they can post on one site, why not the other (assuming they have posted on AA like someone said before). Just sayin !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2014, 11:31:56 PM »
So you can't buy lockin, and garnish information do from their Website..?  I think you should look beyond forum politics and look to their website as the primary source of information and updates.  Just because the organisers may not be members here on AP, doesn't automatically mean they are aligned exclusively with AA,  and that AP members are not welcome..

yes we can buy lock in.. but not yet and we don't really know about it do we because the first its been said about is in this thread. Whos garnishing information? What does the term " this is available only to AA members" mean? " If all tickets are not sold then the offer will be open to the general public at $165".

I may have slightly misquoted.. but its certainly not garnished