Author Topic: North Qld Meet Sat 14th June  (Read 1919 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
North Qld Meet Sat 14th June
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:22:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

This is a bit of an opportunity to double up. I have the Burdekin Cruisers Car Club coming to my place Sat 14th June for a run in their cars and a look/play of my pinball collection. I'm not sure how many cars, prob between 4-15 at a guess. So happy to open this up to any  members that would like to come along as well, play some pinnnies and check out some cars. The plan is to kick off at 10:30am and have a lunchtime BBQ, i can't really commit to going late  with young kids etc.

Pinballs will be

Theatre of Magic
Monster Bash
Dirty Harry
Corvette
Lord of The Rings
Getaway (just finished the resto)
Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park
1/2 a Medieval Madness/NBA Fast Break

I hope to/may also have these 3 going

Whitewater
Addams
Star Trek Next Gen

Plus you can have a good look at some of the possum project pins that still need plenty of work

Let me know if you are keen and i can send out address details closer to the date

NOTE: There will be a comp and it will count towards IFPA rankings, the heats will run on 4 machines with the top 4 ranked players battling it out for finals on one or two machines (depending on time)

When: Sat 14th June 10:30am to mid afternoon

Where: 15 minutes south of Townsville

BYO drinks

I can offer to run people to a hotel up the road 10 minutes after the event (mid-late afternoon) if they wish

Depending on numbers here and from the car club, i may have to cap it, will see how things go

Thanks

Rob

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Re: North Qld Meet Sat 14th June
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:45 PM »
Man!!! nice line up. Wished I lived up that way.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »
Please post some pictures of the day's events !

I used to travel a lot to Townsville back in the old days. Nice place. I gather there will be a lot of people admiring your handiwork Rob  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
Had an awesome time yesterday - ended up being around 20 -25 people.  There was a fair bit of preparation required, as i needed to get a few minor problems sorted on some machines to make everything run smoothly - which took some time, but was good to finally address some of the things i had been putting off. I moved some furniture out of the games room temporarily so i could fit more machines in - also ended up having a TSPP that i had repaired for someone.

Here is the night before testing all the machines

All the cars turned up mid morning with a bit of drama - the wife of the organiser closed the door on her own finger and it ended up being broken and having to get 3 stitches!!

Anyway - many of the people had not played pinnies much, and a few hadn't played them for 30 years. There were also a few guys that came (not part of the car club) who were pretty good players which was fun competing with.

All had a heap of fun, and one lady commented to my wife that when you search on the internet for 'things to do in Townsville' she was surprised our place didn't come up!!!

Had a comp with heats on Dirty Harry, Monster Bash (very frustrating - i got Wolfman 3 times and couldn't complete it and that was all i needed to get Monsters of Rock), Corvette and Theatre of Magic, then with a final on Addams.

The final was fun and i thought i had nailed it and was a fair bit ahead being player 1 on the last ball, then player 4 came through with a cracker and pushed me into number 2 spot.

One of the guys there has also pre-ordered a Thunderbirds after i mentioned it to him a few months ago - great news!

Massive thanks to my wife as she was a bit hesitant about the whole thing, she looked after the kids the bulk of the day, cooked up fresh muffins and cakes for morning tea, all on top of organising other stuff outside the meet later on that evening.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »
Nice set up, that is one BIG games room, almost like an arcade from the past. I love to see the toddlers standing on chairs to play pinball. Shame that I am so far from Townsville, I can imagine it being a great night. Thanks for sharing.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline carbonROD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
Re:
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »
AWESOME looking meet Rob...and one of the best collections around! Great variety!! CONGRATS on a successful night.
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »
Awesome setup Rob. Well done  ^^^