Author Topic: North Qld Meet Sat 14th June  (Read 1925 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: North Qld Meet Sat 14th June
« on: June 15, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
Had an awesome time yesterday - ended up being around 20 -25 people.  There was a fair bit of preparation required, as i needed to get a few minor problems sorted on some machines to make everything run smoothly - which took some time, but was good to finally address some of the things i had been putting off. I moved some furniture out of the games room temporarily so i could fit more machines in - also ended up having a TSPP that i had repaired for someone.

Here is the night before testing all the machines

All the cars turned up mid morning with a bit of drama - the wife of the organiser closed the door on her own finger and it ended up being broken and having to get 3 stitches!!

Anyway - many of the people had not played pinnies much, and a few hadn't played them for 30 years. There were also a few guys that came (not part of the car club) who were pretty good players which was fun competing with.

All had a heap of fun, and one lady commented to my wife that when you search on the internet for 'things to do in Townsville' she was surprised our place didn't come up!!!

Had a comp with heats on Dirty Harry, Monster Bash (very frustrating - i got Wolfman 3 times and couldn't complete it and that was all i needed to get Monsters of Rock), Corvette and Theatre of Magic, then with a final on Addams.

The final was fun and i thought i had nailed it and was a fair bit ahead being player 1 on the last ball, then player 4 came through with a cracker and pushed me into number 2 spot.

One of the guys there has also pre-ordered a Thunderbirds after i mentioned it to him a few months ago - great news!

Massive thanks to my wife as she was a bit hesitant about the whole thing, she looked after the kids the bulk of the day, cooked up fresh muffins and cakes for morning tea, all on top of organising other stuff outside the meet later on that evening.