Author Topic: Buyer's and Seller's Guide - Suggestion thread  (Read 5590 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Buyer's and Seller's Guide - Suggestion thread
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »
The template Creech is a good idea.

The reason i wanted to differentiate between a professional seller, and a non professional seller, is that when a professional seller does a checklist, i know for arguments sake the boards etc have been looked at by a professional tech. I then feel confident that the machine wont turn up with various board faults. The buyer needs to know if he is dealing with professionals or amateurs.

Perhaps, amateur sellers shld also list who will be working on the machines. Volunteers or Trained professionals.? Just a suggestion.
It makes a big difference with board repairs and underplayfiield repairs etc, espescially since these items are 240 volt. ?
To say a "tech" is working on the machine may not be good enough. ?

Brett,

There is very specific legislation down here in Victoria which covers your concerns.  I am sure that the other states have similar legislation as well.

# A business – including major charitable organisations – supplying or offering to supply second hand electrical equipment must also attach a label stating that the equipment is second hand and that the equipment has been inspected and tested and that it complies with Australian/New Zealand Standard(AS/NZS) 3760; OR
# If it has not been tested, the business supplying or offering to supply second hand electrical equipment must include a clear statement on the label, stating the equipment is second hand, with additional words as follows: DANGER – DO NOT USE OR CONNECT TO SUPPLY – THIS ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT MAY BE FAULTY AND SHOULD BE INSPECTED AND TESTED BY A COMPETENT PERSON IN ACCORDANCE WITH AS/NZS 3760

So any machine purchased commercially from a business must be tag and tested and also be labelled as second hand equipment.

A person supplying or offering to supply second hand electrical equipment must have a label attached to the equipment stating that the equipment is second hand;

(source http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/ForElectricityProfessionals/Electricalequipmentandappliances/Saleandsupplyofsecondhandequipment/tabid/59/Default.aspx)