Author Topic: Buyer's and Seller's Guide - Suggestion thread  (Read 5592 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: Buyer's and Seller's Guide - Suggestion thread
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »
The template Creech is a good idea.

The reason i wanted to differentiate between a professional seller, and a non professional seller, is that when a professional seller does a checklist, i know for arguments sake the boards etc have been looked at by a professional tech. I then feel confident that the machine wont turn up with various board faults. The buyer needs to know if he is dealing with professionals or amateurs.

Perhaps, amateur sellers shld also list who will be working on the machines. Volunteers or Trained professionals.? Just a suggestion.
It makes a big difference with board repairs and underplayfiield repairs etc, espescially since these items are 240 volt. ?
To say a "tech" is working on the machine may not be good enough. ?

Trust me Brett there are so called professionals that sell machines well under the quality of those that would appear on this forum - they get weeded out eventually and that's why you won't find any on the forums and those that do pop up from time to time don't hang around too long anyway.  

There are some guys who it appears wouldn't be classed as professionals that I would place complete trust in over some that would loosely be termed professionals.  Nino is not a professional, Marty J isn't a professional, Ken Shipley isn't a professional but there wouldn't be too many guys that would question their ability - just to name a few.  

I think that there would be some guys who take offence to your comment that they may need to state who worked on their machine, there are plenty of guys who love to get their hands dirty and who do a terrific job on their machines.  It may be seen as a slap in the face to many of us who don't have the luxury of a tech on hand 24/7 to question their ability.  

When it comes down to it, we already have a fair idea of who we would and wouldn't like to buy a machine off and getting back to the sole purpose of this thread - a template is a tool and a guide to help describe a machine accurately and help steer unsuspecting buyers in the right direction which is what we want to achieve.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:15:58 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.