Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 128120 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #855 on: August 13, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »
Finally I had time to update KISS LE to update 1.28. The cover came off the game for the first time in a LONG TIME - but I played a few games before the update, just to familiarize myself with the numerous missing features from the game that I was expecting to be updated. A quick clean of the playfield glass and an hour of play. I must say, the artwork is absolutely amazing on this game.

Update was VERY simple. I printed out the changes and studied them while the update completed (25 minutes). I was particularly interested in the bonus multiplier and COLOSSAL Bonus. As well documented, the Cities have not been programmed into the game, so I was not too concerned about it not working as yet.

After the update, I reverted back to the settings I had prior to the update - Free play etc etc.. 5 Minutes  @@*

I started a 4 player game and kept an eye out for the code changes. Inlanes now have sound. Flashers on the slings now work well with the game. Cool. Seems a little harder, but still no bonus multiplier. Play another 4 player game and score 35 Million on one ball. Still cannot see any differences. Half an hour play, and I stop before the next 4 player game and re read the changes. Start another 4 player game and notice the demon lock not registering as it used to. This became VERY annoying - so I concentrated on this new issue. Finally, Demon Lock registered (after 15 attempts).. Now the Demon multiball spits ALL 3 balls SDTM... Strange - this NEVER happened before ! How code can affect this is beyond me.. The auto plunger coil must be red hot by now..

After an hour of play, I turned the game off. In fact, I turned the game off in the middle of a game. The last time I did that was 10 years ago.

I can't review the "update" as there's nothing to review. The so called "changes" = Bullshit. The only "changes" that work are the sling flashers now function, and the inlanes now make a sound. Bonus multiplier STILL does not work. Colossal bonus is simply an LED that you can take out of the game and use it somewhere else - it simply does not work. I was not stupid enough to buy a topper, but I'm sure there are a LOT of new features for it..

Verdict

The cover is now back on the game. I'm now googling to upgrade it back to the shipping code.

If this game is not finished within 6 months, it will be moved on.

!*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia