Author Topic: Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?  (Read 18154 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury

But I took your photo to the shooting range in Illinois, and I didn't miss you ! (Boom boom - another awesome joke - lol)

You should be banned for that comment
I would take that as a threat to another member

+1 couldn't agree more. Just saying its a joke does not make it a joke. Completely unacceptable.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:

+1 couldn't agree more. Just saying its a joke does not make it a joke. Completely unacceptable.

Cheers guys, but best to laugh it off and just take it as another insecure built up rant from being royally owned yet again.

Considering how much the guy has screwed up his life and lives in an online fantasy world to compensate for it, it might be possible to actually feel some sympathy for him.

PS: An IP address lookup would be easy enough for Admin to verify a genuine US based posting (or hidden behind a false proxy) since every post on AP has its IP logged.

Just saying.  #@#

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

Cheers guys, but best to laugh it off and just take it as another insecure built up rant from being royally owned yet again.

No, it is not alright, there is a line, and that comment was over it

this is not to support you, i think you go over the top
but that comment was not OK

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:

No, it is not alright, there is a line, and that comment was over it

this is not to support you, i think you go over the top
but that comment was not OK

Well raise a formal complaint as a breach of forum rules as is your right and see where it gets you.

Been there, done that previously so not worrying personally.

Plus based on his long track record of delusional claims I am not going to lose any sleep over an empty threat. On the extremely remote chance the nut decides to attempt a Jean Eric Gassy in real life I can assure you I have been prepared in advance for that situation potentially occurring for quite some time simply based on his posting history alone.

Besides which, what would the AFP handling the supposed stalking investigation against me think of these threatening statements being directed at me?  @@*

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

Well raise a formal complaint as a breach of forum rules as is your right and see where it gets you.

I would not bother the Mods with petty forum stuff at the moment

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:

I would not bother the Mods with petty forum stuff at the moment

Then why raise the issue in the first place?

[/b]

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:19:34 AM by pinsanity »

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Swinks post "I have enquired with a US company and they claim they can make ceramic covered pin balls and also add multiple colours but the minimum runs are too much at $15 a ball but they reckon they would last 10x longer than a regular steel ball and cause less scratch damage to a playfield.
[/quote]"

I like your thinking. If pinball machines are worth so much . Its a small price to put in some decent balls.
Personally i have put ceramic balls in a couple of my old gottliebs. I love the way the look. Seem less prone to scratching and wear.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
I like your thinking. If pinball machines are worth so much . Its a small price to put in some decent balls.
Personally i have put ceramic balls in a couple of my old gottliebs. I love the way the look. Seem less prone to scratching and wear.

Do they attract dirt any faster and how do the ball physics compare to a regular ball? I know the TZ ceramic powerball handles very differently.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:27:22 AM by pinsanity »

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
The ceramic balls i use are the TZ type.
They are slightly less in weight compared to metal balls, so ball physics is a little different.
They stay clean . I only have white rubbers on my gottliebs. Not sure if black rubbers would leave marks ??
But the ones SWINKS was posting about  have got me interested. The weight would be closer to a normal metal ball. But still with metal ball attributes. ie magnetics and weight.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Isn't Denis Norman an option as the Thunderbirds designer?  Perhaps JPop is implied to throw us off the sent. *!@

Up until recently, JPop was busy with his own stuff.  What has Denis been doing apart from a short burst on WNBJM?

(Perhaps time to spawn a new thread on ceramic balls:  I'd imagine the less scratching is due to the ball not rusting.  If steel balls are cleaned and changed regularly, I'd imagine there would not be much difference is playfield wear.  With ceramic balls lasting 10x longer, does that mean it takes 10x longer to start chipping compared to the time for a steel ball starting to rust?  I would have thought its hard to see chips on a ceramic ball, and chips would rip up a play field faster than rust on a steel ball.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:20:07 AM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
good points and that is the $1 million dollar question as around 3 years ago I enquired with a number of bearing companies had a brain wave to create the ultimate pin ball - a steel ball that is ceramic coated.

A few companies could do it with only one in the expensive range but at a 1000 ball minimum purchase the crunch that ceased the project.

They claimed and have read mechanical reports that bearings with this coating in a machine environment runs really well maintaining a much better surface. It still weighs the same, guessing it will glide a little better but last longer and hoped that less chance to wear the playfield. The added bonus was the introduction of various colours which could be fun.

People get funny about things and deem a ball over $3-5 as not needed but the potential longer lasting capabilities, less damage and colour could be a relatively cool and affordable upgrade but the investment was too much and even samples was crazy so canned it. I will have to try and find those emails though but had a drive die between then and now so might not have the history any more.

ps maybe a thread on "pin ball design" could be started
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
those on the pre-order list might want to check their e-mails

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

You guys have solid info on the design team and a release date?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

You guys have solid info on the design team and a release date?

nup

I am not going to post the details of the e-mail, except what was posted in the pavlov article
it seem that we will not see anything until september

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
September for release?  Well a date is better than nothing I guess.!