Author Topic: GnR G Ramp Problem - Fixed?????  (Read 189 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
GnR G Ramp Problem - Fixed?????
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »
Guys,

Since shopping out my GnR machine, which included new flipper coils,  I have an issue with my G ramp in that the balls occasionally fly off the ramp and then get stuck up in the back left corner or sometimes the ball will roll back down onto the playfield.  Nevertheless, it is a major PITA, especially when it gets stuck and I have to take the glass off, flick the ball out and then continue on with the game.  I have tried adjusting the ramp both ways to stop the ball launching off the ramp but it didn't make any difference.

I know the norm is usually not enough flipper power to get the ball up the G ramp but not in this case.  Has anyone else come across this problem?  

I had an idea and made something up today to see whether or not it is going to work.  I don't want to de-tune the flippers so I am hoping that even if this mod sends the ball back down the ramp, at least it won't get stuck up the back corner and risk damage to the snake pit ramp or cover when the ball lands on it.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:29:02 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: GnR G Ramp Problem - Fixed?????
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:37:13 PM »
looks like the answer for sure.

only member i know who has a GNR is Leon(V8racefan). Hopefully he will see this n post his experiences.  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »
Just a quick update.  I removed the small pieces oF double sided tape and put a spacer post on the right hand side to raise the right side of the flap up which has pretty much stoped the ball hitting the flap and coming back SDTM.  I haven't had a ball fly off the ramp since - not really the prettiest mod but it is effective.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:28:07 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pinprick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
FYI
I've done similar (using Lexan ) on my Whodunit and SS.
Ramp flyball problems resolved!
"I don't operate on a level playing field"