Author Topic: Jjp announcement - Pat Lawlor to make an Original theme  (Read 1814 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Yes, it is well built. But I hardly ever see it described as 'Fun'
A lot of people are not liking the multicolored LED's, they do not know what they are supposed to be aiming for
Also there are a lot of people that are selling the game soon after receiving it.

A little off topic but. I wonder if the quick sales are related to all the issues a lot of people seem to  be having with the electronics? Read this on pinside:

...just want to point out something here. Seems like several people are having repeated yet very specific switch/behavior issues with their machines. Whether it be winged monkeys, castle doors, munchkin locks, crystal balls, etc... there seems to be a definite pattern here, and nobody can put their finger on it. We have some serious issues with switches and in-game events, we can all agree on that...

But, there is a tremendous mystery here.     And I believe it's also linked to the LED issues. The guys before have mentioned voltage spikes/fluctuations in the LED power/data lines. Where is this noise coming from? Why do the LED issues seem to cause such bizarre and unpredictable problems with game behavior? People have tried lots of things. Installing older software, resetting, swapping LED boards, etc. and yet the problems don't seem to improve.

Mike (Pintucky) has a hypothesis: nearly each machine is different in hardware/configuration in some way, and the software builds are responding erratically to these "random conditions." Different power supplies, different LED boards, different monitors, possibly hard drives, sound boards, etc. Both owners and tech support workers seem to be clueless as to exactly what's going on here. This mystery is really bothering me and and I know it bothers others. People even seem to be selling their games in frustration because of the endless issues.

But, here's my idea. What if it all comes down to a common problem? Are we all at a loss as to what's truly going on? If there's something going on behind the scenes, maybe JJP should be more transparent on their research? And if this is true, will there be a fix for this "insanity?" I can't help but think the owners are missing something.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”