Author Topic: Jjp announcement - Pat Lawlor to make an Original theme  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Im not saying for one minute that I have the solution here, but a recent conversation I had with my sparky  was on a similar issue. He was having problem all over town with data lines in businesses... lock ons.. random triggers etc.. this would affect computer systems, controlled lighting etc.
He said that when you put an oscilloscope on the AC you are no longer getting a good sine wave.. lots of noise is present, this is a pretty recent thing and getting worse over the last few years... the noise was affecting those things around it.. data lines etc.
He puts it FIRMLY down to LED's.. or rather the Switch Mode power supplies that run them. 99% are from China and cheap, they are switching at a high freq rate and many are not as clean output as is required by Standards.

I don't know how a JJP machine works .. it may not have a SMPS installed.. my guess is that it does though, it will precede the RGB controller which is another device id be having a look at as well as the LEDs themselves.