Author Topic: Sad undercurrent  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Sad undercurrent
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »
Pinky, that's exactly the reason this site was setup. What would you like me to do, make a rule that nobody can mention certain people? If someone starts a thread mentioning certain people, would you like me to delete the thread immediately? I don't believe in that. I believe in letting people have their say, provided there are no slanderous overtones and the truth is spoken. I have seen first hand what censorship, favouritism and protectionism does to a forum. This site promotes positive discussion, not negative. I can assure you as soon as things get out of hand we will act. I see no reason to act at this stage. People are just describing their real life situations with the person in question. Why shouldn't we all know about that if it helps us make a better decision in the future?

Your initial post by it's very nature was political. I could have deleted it if I so wished. Your post in fact contributed to the sad undercurrent you spoke about. As you can see, I had no control over that. You decided to post it, not me. I can't control that. I have as much right to censor your post as I do others but I'm not about to do that. Why not? Because you are only speaking from your heart, not out of your arse. You have a right to ask the question and it has been answered very well by a few members here.

Tell me Pinky, are you in any way affiliated with the said person? It sounds like you are a lone voice in an avalanche of nay sayers...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:21:59 AM by Creech »