Author Topic: Creature From The Black Lagoon - Laseriffic Hologram replacement option  (Read 19393 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
count me in for one  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
What's a CFTBL worth these days? the new hologram does look sweet.

Peter
Should be able to get a great one for 3K.

Wow 3k I better start looking.

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
This is the best pic i can find of the creature thats in the pinball..

..Whats the consensus?? Happy with this or go with a different image??

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I *WILL* be doing this - I have the resourses - the time - and the will!

Copyright owners need to understand that they can't prevent people from repairing their machines.....

What if Ford (the car manufacturer) said that nobody could make a replacement windscreen wiper blade for a 2010 Falcon? They would be picketed and shamed into oblivion!

The owners of this "image" can BUGGER OFF! If they don't want to make it and sell it at a sensible price (and it seems they don't) then someone will!

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Ive got to draw it up yet.. lot of detail there, plus the hands are not clear so ill be adlibbing on those based on some other pics i have of the creature. Image wont be true to hologram original due to these  factors.. its just an image of a creature that will be acceptable to pinball owners that have this piece missing... far out there are hundreds of images out there and many variations on the creature..

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
I *WILL* be doing this - I have the resourses - the time - and the will!

Copyright owners need to understand that they can't prevent people from repairing their machines.....

What if Ford (the car manufacturer) said that nobody could make a replacement windscreen wiper blade for a 2010 Falcon? They would be picketed and shamed into oblivion!

The owners of this "image" can BUGGER OFF! If they don't want to make it and sell it at a sensible price (and it seems they don't) then someone will!

this is my thought on this sort of thing also. ford has stated that having aftermarket parts sells cars. and if people want genuine ford parts they will buy genuine

also i was thinking about this the other day, have you seen those 3d cameras? i saw at jbhifi the 3d print from a 3d camera, and is is just holo what if you just used a 3d camera on a toy and got them to print the 3d image recon that would work? if you were to experiment and place the toy at the right angle and take verious photos you could get the same look, and go to those 3d print places at jb and print them out for a few dollars each i recon you could easily get the same effect if not better than original
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:32:18 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I have emailed Laserrific - let's see what they say.........

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I have emailed Laserrific - let's see what they say.........

I asked them for thier file and said I would sell it from my China site - let's see what the response is.....if any?

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
plus this with the toy at the correct angle to get the same look

the print from fujifilm is a holo
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:57:20 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
SC.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I think it's been the movie studio that was the hold up (Universal I think) with granting licence to the Williams rights holder to reproduce. I wonder if its Universal making threats, or the Williams rights holder threatening they and the studio will take action? Probably enough to scare off a little guy I suppose.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
heres a demo
&hd=1&

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

I think it's been the movie studio that was the hold up (Universal I think) with granting licence to the Williams rights holder to reproduce. I wonder if its Universal making threats, or the Williams rights holder threatening they and the studio will take action? Probably enough to scare off a little guy I suppose.

I don't give a toss - like I said, I believe that an owners right is BIGGER than all of these 'tryhards' rights.

Let's see how they like selling it from China on an untouchable website - I'm happy to pay any 'reasonable' royalty but I will shift the ball into MY court and using MY timeframe....

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
heres a demo
&hd=1&

Interesting link, thanks and I have one of those creature figures as well., let me know if I can help.

I think laseriffic was more worried about universal.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts