Author Topic: G'day from way out West  (Read 2397 times)

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: G'day from way out West
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 02:19:22 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Been having a poke around here for a month or so and thought it about time to say Hi to all.

My names Chris, I live in Perth Northern suburbs and I have met/spoke to a few of you guys before on AA ( Nino, Gav-Indiana Jones, Mark C - met at Chris Chillis meet last year). etc.

I like the easy going format here its seems like a great place to hang out and learn a few things too and help out where I can.

I first played a pinball around 1974 ( probably Card Whiz or Pioneer ) cant remember which one but became hooked instantly.
I started collecting  in 2001 when i finally got my own place , but even now in our new place there still not enough room.

I tend to like the Bally/Stern SS machines as well as the GTB System80s but I have a soft spot for the EMs. Would love a DMD machine too.

Collection is:
BALLY - Playboy/Paragon/Viking/6Mill$Man/LostWorld
STERN - Wild Fyre/Meteor
GTB  - Card whiz/Royal Flush/ Black Hole / Spirit

I worked in an Electronic shop for years, so do all my own repairs, hoping to have a go at the EM machines shortly and see what makes them tick.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for putting together a great forum, I hope to be able to help out and contribute stuff along the way.

Cheers
Chris

Welcome, nice collection, I like the double of card whiz and royal flush-good stuff, spirit?,Is that of 76

No , thats a Gottlieb Spirit ( System80 machine).

I do want a Spirit of 76 though as it was one of my favourite EMs.
Mark C had a whole heap of them in his last container of oldies he brought in from OS, but I wasn.t too flush with cash at the time and of course they all got snapped up quickly, so I'll keep an eye out for his next classic container load whenever that happens.

Cheers