Author Topic: williams Klondike restoration  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: williams Klondike restoration
« on: December 07, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »
As can be seen here the centre reels were in a very sorry state. These reels had the symbols printed onto cardboard and then the cardboard was riveted onto the plastic reel. There was no way I was going to leave these looking like this, so I carefully removed the cardboard (they were glued as well) from the three reels. I had to mark which cardboard strip was from which reel as the right hand reel symbols were in a different order than the other two.

Next I scanned the cardboard strips into my pc, and using photoshop cleaned up and edited the images. Then I printed the images onto white A4 size adhesive label. When I test fitted these around the reels, I found it necessary to build up the reel diameter because the new symbol labels were over lapping a little too much. I did this by adding a few layers of mylar as needed. Using clear mylar enabled me to line up the new labels with the old rivet holes.
The following pics show the newly printed labels, and one of the labels applied to one reel. Another layer of Mylar was added over the labels and trimmed to size to protect them.