Author Topic: williams Klondike restoration  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: williams Klondike restoration
« on: December 07, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »
Next I decided to try reproducing the instruction card apron artwork. First thing I did was to scan the art into my pc… in two sections due to the size of the apron. After cleaning up and editing the images they were printed onto A4 size clear adhesive label.

The apron was sanded back with 320 grit wet/dry paper, wiped down with Prepsol and sprayed with automotive acrylic primer. Once dry it was sanded again with 400 wet/dry, wiped down with Prepsol and then sprayed in Holts brand “marina blue” acrylic, as it was the closest colour to original I could find.

The 2nd pic below shows my apron artwork decals ready to be applied, printed on two A4 clear adhesive labels as described before. In the 3rd pic below are the freshly applied decals. The join can be seen between the two halves where I butted them together (to the right of centre, between the “s” in the Williams logo and the trademark symbol. This was easily corrected using a black sharpie pen before the clear acrylic lacquer was sprayed on to protect my handiwork. Shown in the 4th pic are installed apron and ball shooter gauge, and the newly reproduced instruction cards.