Author Topic: Should I Feel Let Down or a Sense of Accomplishment?  (Read 17919 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Should I Feel Let Down or a Sense of Accomplishment?
« on: December 04, 2020, 02:48:02 PM »
Started out wanting just that one game that I had played and mastered back in the day when I should have been in class. As everyone here has learned, pinnies are the rare form of creature capable of parthenogenesis, and spawn many offspring from the single first game. So they grew...
There was never any expectation of a big collection, and certainly early thoughts were more games from the 80's, and for a long while I concentrated there, with a bias towards Gottliebs, and learning to get them going was a great way to learn and understand pinball.
Over time, I moved towards DMD's as the greater depth in software began to attract me. I was lucky that my first DMD was AFM (long before it was considered the classic it is), and my collection is now more DMD, with just a few of the "great" SS games - JP, BH, FP.
I's hard to imagine not having some games, and while collecting for its own sake is no longer high on the list, I play just about every day.
Having nothing left to restore, after my involvement in Coconut Island and the Kingpin build, I am spending time now on building a game from scratch using a PROC and MPF, and really enjoying that now.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”