Author Topic: Should I Feel Let Down or a Sense of Accomplishment?  (Read 17878 times)

Offline pinoffski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
Re: Should I Feel Let Down or a Sense of Accomplishment?
« on: December 05, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »
Arrr  the stages of pinball ownership  #@#
as a kid i was at the pinball parlour every day
got a job at 16 years of age and 3 months later puchased a Paragon in 1984
my sisters had to put coin in to play the machine was set up in my bedroom

was kicked out of home at 17 and sold paragon
played pinball at arcades though and into the 1990s

started collecting in 2011

I now prefer to host pinball meets ( even know it can be stressful ) than play
and as i cannot afford to purchase machines at the current prices I like to search for pinball's and parts if someone is looking for bits and bobs

these are some of the different stages ( cut and paste from another forum)

THE RATIONAL
1. Thinking about it. This can be for many years before you jump in. In my case from childhood until my mid 20s
2. Getting the first game, this lived in my lounge/spare room as I moved around the country
3. Getting more games, for which you have a sensibly allocated space. Storing the spares and tools in neat plastic boxes below the games. I have 4 berths in my home office, so my house is calm. No one sees any games or parts of games lying around when they visit. My shed, garage etc are all quite normal and storing what you would expect in there

THE IRRATIONAL
4. Crossing the rubicon. Getting more games than you have sensibly allocated space for.  wondering whether I sell one, or squeeze one in more pinball in the garage. Or clear out my garden shed. Or whether I run the risk of a row by putting it in my lounge.
5. Becoming a hoarder. Having so many games that you have now filled your kitchen, 10m garden shed, garage, workshop so you have to start housing them off site, in storage containers, at friends etc

There are more stages of ownership  ::)