Author Topic: Should I Feel Let Down or a Sense of Accomplishment?  (Read 17927 times)

Offline punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Re: Should I Feel Let Down or a Sense of Accomplishment?
« on: December 05, 2020, 04:23:04 PM »
Really nice, thoughtful post.

I don't seem to fit the mold, was at home before i went to the pub one morning and thought about the pinball machine i nearly bought at a garage sale years ago and thought 'Wonder how much a pinny is?'

Second hand prices and the fear of maintenance sent me looking at new prices and by the time i reached the pub i had talked to Bruce and had a brand new Deadpool pro at my place the next day.

Me and my mates spent the next month or two playing the shit out of it, started the Sunday comps at my place with Deadpool pingolf.

Couple months later i bought The Hobbit and then i was off and racing, sometimes buying two or three machines in a week.

Early on I drew myself limits, said that the machines could only stay on the carpet and that i wasn't laying carpet all over the place. So 24 pinnies it is for me.

My joy comes as a player and as a host. I have no interest in anything but the basic maintenance, if i know what's wrong i can usually fix it (bar board work) but i rely on my op mate Parazio for maintenance.

I love to share my machines and get as much pleasure sitting back watching others play as i do from playing myself.
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1