Author Topic: elektra issues  (Read 2060 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
Re: elektra issues
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »
Update 2.

Couldn't help myself and after tea I went and checked on a few things. There was some electrical tape wrapped around a bunch of cables in behind the back glass so I decided to pull it off and see whats under neith, to my suprise nothing ahhhh ( for sure I thought Brocken wires fix them up and every thing would work).

So no idea why the tape was there. But while I was looking I noticed there was a group of cables coming off the side of the GI door then going into a connector then going back onto the GI door!!!! I opened them up and found the pin configuration was different to each other. I was confused (pulling my hair out here) I then stuck my hand down the hole in the back box into the base and low and behold I found another group of cables coming up from the base going into connectors then going back down into the base. I pulled these apart and noticed different configurations again. I then matched these up to the other cables coming of the GI door, cable colours matched to. So I plugged them together matching each pin configuration cable colours matched too well 90% of colours match.

Turned game on and played a game all good no difference to anything until I went into elektra mode (still nothing) I pressed the test sw under the playfield now the mystery arrow does not lite up.

So I'm assuming these connectors should of been connected in there new configuration instead of back feeding through each other. (Hope every one is understanding this)

I'm hoping with the cables back feeding I have not damaged any boards or equipment.

After all this I'm still chasing the lower playfield issue.
HOS