Author Topic: Fathom Connector  (Read 152 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Fathom Connector
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:05:44 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm currently putting a couple of new connectors on some of the assemblies on my Fathom to make it easier to remove them from the playfield for ease of maintenance later on. I particular some of the drop targets. My question on the coil as shown in the picture is, what is best practice as far as connectors are concerned. Do I use a two pin connector and twitch the 2 wires together which meat on the same lug on the coil or do I use a 3 pin connector and only have the two grey/red wires meat on the lug? I'm using 0.093 connectors on the heavier coil wires and 0.062 connectors on the switches. The only switches I'm doing are the ones mounted on two of the drop target banks.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Fathom Connector
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
The Grey / Orange wire is simply "piggy backed" to the next coil. You can use a 2 pin connector with the three wires at one end and two at the other (going to the coil).

Due to the issues with having 2 wires on one crimp pin, I'd recommend a three pin connector.

You could also look at one "X coils + 2 " pin connector ;

One pin for the left hand lug of each of the coils and one pin for the Grey / Red. The piggy backing will be on one side of the connector. You can use 2 pins for the Grey / Red. One going in, and one going out.

So for a three coil arrangement - ONE pin for each of the coils (3) and one pin for the Grey / Orange going IN to the connector and one Grey / Orange going OUT of the connector = 5 pin connector
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Fathom Connector
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
Great, all makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply and advice Nino. Those memory drop targets are great in a game but seriously painful to work on.