Author Topic: WHY why why why why....Audio Attract mode missing from all new pinballs !  (Read 784 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
WHY is audio attract mode missing from modern DMD Pinball Machines ?  !@#
I have written to STERN and have asked if they will/can consider adding Audio/Attract Mode back to its pinball machines...

Alot of my 40 DMD machines (all different manufacturers) have Audio/Attract mode which you can turn on or off in the menu settings.
I like sitting in a large room with all the machines turned on, and at random, various machines come to life and give a 10 or 20 second audio burst including speech and music from the pinball machine, as well as a weird audio noise that seems to test the audio and speakers on some Bally/Williams and Segas.

Gilligans is a example, as well as Frankenstein. Alot of pinballs have it, and I dont understand WHY it hasnt continued on in modern Sterns ? (did people not like it onsite or did homeowners not like it) cause I think its a great feature.

Imagine AC/DC breaking into a song at random to attract a player over to the machine. I would have thought this would have been so EASY for someone like Lyman, Ronnie, Mike or Waison (all programmers) to have included.

Would anyone else like to see this added to alot of the current and previously released Stern's ?  !@# !@#

Do u like Audio Attract Mode on a DMD Pinball ?  !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
I honestly thought it was still available but it was now turned off by default cavey? I thought 'attract mode' was still an option?  !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
If u can find it, I will be flabbergasted, cause I looked thru the entire AC/DC menu for an hour, and thru X Men and I could not find it.
Also, Jody Dakenberg from Stern said they havent used it for many years and he wasnt sure why it hadnt been included for a long time.
I was just as suprised as he was when we spoke.

I cant work it out, and I dont have a clue why it wouldnt be included. (no one bothered, or they forgot ?.lol)  !@#

Can anyone tell me they have it on any modern DMD Stern. I stand to be corrected, and would love to be cause I want this feature 1 billion percent.

I have looked at a few Stern manuals, and its missing in action......

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
I used to have this mode on but have it off now as it scares the shit outta me when i'm watching tv or something and i have forgotten that i have left my games on
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
BK 1980 was the first with this feature I think. Anyone know of any earlier than this?
On ACDC, you can press a flipper when the machine is idle and it will cycle through one of SRs call outs. You need to wait a minute or two before you can hear the next callout. I am sure it is there in code, just needs to be turned on.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Its definately not there.  Attract mode doesnt exsist on these new Sterns. I understand u can hit a flipper button and it toggles thru a few DMD annimations, and one 2 second noise manually, but definately no attract mode like we all know of from the 90's DMD machines where the audio/music comes on for a 10 or 20 second period.

I have extensively searched every menu section on AC/DC and X Men. If someone can find it, and show me the menu setting address, I will test it, but I am 1 million percent certain its not in there at all............. 

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
What I meant was that the code needs to be enabled by Sheats. There is currently no menu option.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
I used to have this mode on but have it off now as it scares the shit outta me when i'm watching tv or something and i have forgotten that i have left my games on

I agree. Gilligan made me jump every time that theme song started!
Makes sense in an arcade/pub though, and surely wouldn't be hard to code for by the designers. Start a petition if you want it, but not for home - too distracting, and I know they are there anyway ( because my kids always leave unplayed balls on them so they tell me to "hurry up" or " little more action here" or similar!

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I get a bit of a laugh when BK2000 tells me in his deep and serious voice "give me your money"

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Im with Cavey, love attract mode have it set to on for all my machines.  Love that they come to life. ^^^
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Just set the attract audio on my creature, sweet good topic thanks  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Marty Machine

Yep, i hate silent machines, pointless !!!!!!!!!!!! and worse are the ones that yell or chime something randomly (usually when i'm about to precisely solder something dangerous together hehehehe).

I can't understand why ALL machines can't have constant background music at say 50% of whatever the main volume is set to, then it ramps upto the 'actual'  volume setting during gameplay.

I've been into rooms where 5-20 pins all sit silently, with 2 or 3 occasionally yelling something out....it simply lacks character and ambiance.
I think a room full of machines all chirping away (at a nice moderate level) would be FAR more encouraging and exciting to visit.

my 2c as i develop more music boards for old pins   ;-)

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Mooooo...

love the random moo of CV. 

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Mooooo...

love the random moo of CV.

My ex Shadow used to Moooo as well

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Any news on the attract sound? I would love to have my Avengers yelling out, "Hulk sleeping". &&
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.