Author Topic: Emigration from USA to OZ ??  (Read 2203 times)

Offline pinmadd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Emigration from USA to OZ ??
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »
Moving to Australia and actually getting in, are almost impossible and is a very very difficult process.

Personally, I would give any working healthy American the green light everytime if i was stamping the YES on the immigration forms.

But alas, to get into Australia, on a full time basis, u need to have one of the following qualities

* be from a country where u cant read, write or understand english
* promise to never pay taxes
* promise to always apply for the dole and bludge on our country forever
* promise to never assimilate and always start your own non english speaking enclave

So as not to be racist, I wont mention countries for whom I am talking about.

But I will say, that if u can speak english, and u are from a western country, u havent got a chance of getting in.

Our immigration policies have become shameful and an embarrassment. I would love to say what i really think, but i know the mods will shoot me.

IF U R FROM THE USA, COME OVER CAUSE U R WELCOME BY MOST UF US STRAIGHT UP. But try convincing our stupid immigration people who mostly arent even born here, and their english is bad, put it that way. The help their own, but not westeners, go figure ?  !@# !@#

Or be a KIWI   <.>        *)*

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 07:41:28 AM »
In fact that is a smart suggestion. It is MUCH easier to emmigrate to NZ, become an NZ citizen and then you can just move to Aus and live/work here with very few restrictions.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
I've heard it's quite difficult to move from the US to Australia.

I had a friend who was quite enamored with the idea years ago, after visiting for a few weeks, but quickly decided it was highly unlikely that it would succeed.

He was older than 45 though.

Offline thehaze

• Forum Posts:
  • Pennsylvania USA
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »
Interesting thread.  I'm a Yank, but have also considered it myself.  A few things attracted me.  1) I like the people and their outlook (for lack of better word) that I have met from there.  2) The waves...  (surfing).  3) The change.  But its not in the cards for me.