Author Topic: New to Aussie Pinball and thought I would say thanks for the help on the weekend  (Read 1355 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Hey guys, i am new to this this site and just got my first pinball last week. I bought getaway HS2 as I loved the game as a kid. I must admit I did not realise there was so much involved with Pinballs.

Anyway I had a minor issue with one of the ramp shots and thought I would try and fix the issue myself as I did not really want to bother the boys down at Childs too much, as I felt I was being a bit of pain and after a while actually doubted there was an issue. With some help from some people I came to the conclusion that there was no way I could fix it myself and put in a S.O.S call to childs on Friday. They had someone come out to me on saturday, I could not believe it. I was fortunate to find out he was extremely local, as in right around the corner from me and the machine was fixed with in an hour. Now I can enjoy the game even more. And it is always good to meet a fellow Kiss fan.

Thanks to all who helped out and I am sure I will need it again lol.

A little about me, my name is George and I live in the northen suburbs of Melb. I work for an outdoor/GPS company as their national sales manager so I tend to travel a lot throughout Aus, and always look forward coming home to chill playing my pin, arcade machine and Wii. I guess I am making up for lost time with my deprived childhood. So if anyone is into 4wd, outddors/GPS check out www.nextdestination.com.au and I can help anyone out dont hesitate to contact me as I am keen to return the help given to me.

Cheers

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
 %)% George!.

Nice choice for your first machine. Fast and fun!

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

thanks Mate

and thanks NINO for helping us out

look forward to seeing you again  , for a game  or at the AP meet  in July

mark

pinballist

G'day George and welcome aboard :)

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
George
What a great choice for your first pinball, HS2 is a really under rated title here in the U.K. but its one of my all time favorite's. I am sure you will have hours of fun playing it, It got one of the best DMD / sounds when you get super jackpot, awesome machine.
Welcome to the group, I am new here myself but was made very welcome by this great bunch of guys.
Darren.

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
 $.$ and  %)% to the forum George, enjoy your pinball and the forum

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hey guys, i am new to this this site and just got my first pinball last week. I bought getaway HS2 as I loved the game as a kid. I must admit I did not realise there was so much involved with Pinballs.

Anyway I had a minor issue with one of the ramp shots and thought I would try and fix the issue myself as I did not really want to bother the boys down at Childs too much, as I felt I was being a bit of pain and after a while actually doubted there was an issue. With some help from some people I came to the conclusion that there was no way I could fix it myself and put in a S.O.S call to childs on Friday. They had someone come out to me on saturday, I could not believe it. I was fortunate to find out he was extremely local, as in right around the corner from me and the machine was fixed with in an hour. Now I can enjoy the game even more. And it is always good to meet a fellow Kiss fan.

Thanks to all who helped out and I am sure I will need it again lol.

A little about me, my name is George and I live in the northen suburbs of Melb. I work for an outdoor/GPS company as their national sales manager so I tend to travel a lot throughout Aus, and always look forward coming home to chill playing my pin, arcade machine and Wii. I guess I am making up for lost time with my deprived childhood. So if anyone is into 4wd, outddors/GPS check out www.nextdestination.com.au and I can help anyone out dont hesitate to contact me as I am keen to return the help given to me.

Cheers

So what ended up being the problem George?  EOS or coil or something different?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Congratulations on getting a HS2, great pin and one that is definitely on my wishlist. And welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are not too far away as I live in Greensborough and Nino is a few minutes drive from me.

As to the GPS side of things, you are not into Geocaching by any chance?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Welcome George, great intro post, and don't worry, many people here ready to help whenever it is needed.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hi & welcome George!

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

$.$ and  %)% to AP, George !

I'm always happy to help out and the child's crew have done a few favors for me in the past, so it made sense to help out ! George literally lives 2 minutes away and it was a pleasure to meet him and his gamesroom ! ANOTHER KISS fan, so we chatted about the various "line ups" over the years.

The problem - The LHS ramp shot (for multiball) drops the ramp on the RHS. The blue steel flap had a rivet in the path of the ball. The rivet had lifted gently - enough to cause the ball to make contact and "slow" the travel of the ball. So it was a physical issue that occurred every time.

The fix - Remove the Supercharger and the RHS ramp assembly. Tap the rivet back in and file the head slightly. I also bent the ramp flap so the ball almost jumps the rivet head anyway. Re assembled and it tested well.

All done - Game plays exceptionally well.

Love the Gibson Flying V, George !

^^^

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
yep lots of help here and i hope you enjoy the place as much as i do.  %)% to the forum!!

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

$.$ and  %)% to AP, George !

I'm always happy to help out and the child's crew have done a few favors for me in the past, so it made sense to help out ! George literally lives 2 minutes away and it was a pleasure to meet him and his gamesroom ! ANOTHER KISS fan, so we chatted about the various "line ups" over the years.

The problem - The LHS ramp shot (for multiball) drops the ramp on the RHS. The blue steel flap had a rivet in the path of the ball. The rivet had lifted gently - enough to cause the ball to make contact and "slow" the travel of the ball. So it was a physical issue that occurred every time.

The fix - Remove the Supercharger and the RHS ramp assembly. Tap the rivet back in and file the head slightly. I also bent the ramp flap so the ball almost jumps the rivet head anyway. Re assembled and it tested well.

All done - Game plays exceptionally well.

Love the Gibson Flying V, George !

^^^

thanks for doing this Nino

and not another Kiss fan on here ......

bloody hell

mark

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Welcome aboard and great work Nino